Account Planner - Ad Sales
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Spectrum Reach is looking for a dynamic Account Planner to
support our media market in Kansas City.
Spectrum Reach () grows businesses of all sizes with custom,
multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the power of TV, data,
innovation, community experts, and unforgettable creative.
At Spectrum Reach we offer a hybrid work arrangement for most
What You Will Do
The Account Planner is a strategic partner to Account Executives.
This position plays a key role in translating customer advertising
objectives into data driven and effective ad schedules. This key
team member is integral in helping the sales team to maximize
multiscreen solutions, which has a direct impact on our ability to
deliver and exceed on client's marketing and advertising
expectations. This individual will have a passion for marketing and
advertising sales and will be closely aligned with other sales team
members and cross functional groups. This position requires strong
communication skills and strong attention to detail, in a fast
paced sales environment.
- Proactively pulls information from Client Needs Analysis and
works with Account Executives to understand client marketing
- Create effective data driven multi-screen advertising schedules
for all clients.
- Utilize Kantar, Polk, Nielsen, comScore, Set Top Box data and
other research metrics to make proposal recommendations.
- Create presentations that can be delivered as complete
solutions achieving all client needs; partner with Marketing and
Research functions to pull information to tell the appropriate
story to clients.
- Maximize inventory usage to ensure proposal delivery.
- Create an open honest communication line with all Account
Executives (May need to balance the competing needs of multiple
Account Executives at the same time).
- Be able to sell through the rationale of each campaign
recommendation for the Account Executive to deliver to the client
and be grounded in research and data to achieve client
- Regularly meet and gather feedback on the client schedules that
were built to understand necessary changes to improve future
- Compare purchased schedule with the original avail to ensure
delivery against client needs.
- Utilize tools to ensure all necessary accounts meet Posting
- Partner with Account Executives to review and evaluate campaign
- Work closely with Pricing and Inventory to ensure that all
inventory is used effectively and priced appropriately.
- Work cross functionally to create and incorporate local
packages into schedules.
What We Are Looking For
- 1+ years of experience in media sales a strong plus
- Knowledge of cable television, digital products, and advanced
advertising products is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communications
with overarching skill to translate data, information, and research
into powerful points of view-ability to craft and tell a compelling
- Previous experience supporting a team of Sales, advertising, or
marketing professionals is helpful but not required. Previous
experience in an Ad Agency, Media, and/or Ad Sales team is highly
- Experience and strong knowledge of research databases, tools
and applications, including (but not limited to) Nielsen,
Scarborough, MRI, Kantar, BIA/Kelsey, eMarketer, and comScore are
- Familiarity with and experience in digital marketing;
understanding of online campaign development, metrics, and
- Needs to have the ability to decipher between client needs, for
example, 'branding' campaigns VS 'call to action' and the
difference between those schedules
- Familiar with writing rationales and/or agency POVs ("point of
- Clear knowledge of media terms as well as media formulas &
calculations. Experience estimating ratings is helpful.
- Ability to back-up work and have good logic to creating
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or a
related field is preferred. ASA300 310545-3 310545BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Lincoln , Account Planner - Ad Sales, Sales , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!