Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
Posted on: October 12, 2019
The Maintenance Technician performs maintenance, preventative
maintenance, repairs and/or overhauls equipment and related
plumbing, electrical, and pneumatic and hydraulic components that
make up the facility. Directly reports to the Maintenance Manager
for proper direction, interpretation, and evaluation. Maintains and
guarantees Balchem Cereal Systems quality and safety standards.
- Understand how to operate equipment as per operation guidelines
to include safety procedures and guidelines. Understand
manufacturing equipment, processes, and monitoring of equipment
- Record and maintain accurate data on documents as necessary.
Ensure all paperwork is complete in an accurate and timely manner.
Ensure documentation complies with Company standards.
- Keep a neat, clean, and orderly work setting by completing the
cleaning tasks as assigned. Complete the Master Sanitation Schedule
(MSS) as necessary.
- Observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate
action beyond guidelines, and report potentially unsafe
- Consistently be on time to work, meetings, and training
- Attend all Company-sponsored training events, i.e., safety
training talks and annual training sessions, targeted for
continuing personal growth and development.
- Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies
- Must maintain a flexible attitude towards improvement and
- Perform others duties as assigned.
to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel, safety, and
equipment maintenance and upkeep. Become proficient in areas of
production and safety policies and procedures (accident/injury
reporting, blood borne pathogens, confined spaces, emergency
evacuation, equipment operation/maintenance, hazard communication,
ladders, lockout/tag out, personal protective equipment, etc.).
Qualifications: (includes Knowledge/Education/Experience/Special
- Associates Degree or College Degree (prefer electromechanical
or mechatronics); two to three years related experience and/or
training; or an equivalent combination of education or experience
- Individual must be equipped with strong motivation,
organization, time management, documentation, and communication
skills (both orally and written).
- Must have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to
multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing
responsibilities and operating equipment conforming to Company
production, personnel, and safety procedures.
- PLC knowledge and experience is a plus
- Steam boiler and plant air compressor system experience is
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, operation
manuals, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Demonstration of strong work ethics (punctual, dependable, and
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to pass any required examinations necessary to
perform essential functions of the job.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Must be able to communicate and handle conflict in a
- Ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building
a positive team spirit.
- Must possess proven, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and
hydraulic system troubleshooting skills.
- Competitive starting wage
- Plus Shift Premium $.40/hr. 2nd Shift & $.60/hr. 3rd
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan Insurance first of the month after
- 401(k) with 6% employer match after 60 days
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Floating, 9 Company
- Uniforms Provided
- Safety Shoes Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year (must be work
- Fitness Reimbursement Plan up to a maximum of $375 per benefit
plan year (1/1-12/31)
- Free Cereal
Keywords: balchem, Lincoln , Manufacturing Maintenance Technician, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!