Posted on: June 14, 2019
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE: To maintain the continued operation of the
Extruder machine while both adhering to all OSHA standards, safety
standards and quality standards applicable according to
SensoryEffects Policies. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Setup of feed systems, screw configuration, extruder, as well
as start-up and shut down of the Extruder utilizing Standard
- Accurate handle all paperwork and collection of data, and
properly maintain reporting in Deacom of all ingredients
- Running of the Extruder in all aspects from blender to K-tron,
panel view, zone temps,k-tron feeder, airvey usage and flow.
- Monitor product and maintain quality notifying the proper
person(s) if issues arise.
- Clearly record and maintain all necessary records and
information as required, and bring to attention any discrepancies
or otherwise noted concerns.
- Maintain a sanitary work area adhering to all OSHA standards
and SensoryEffects Standard Operating Procedures including but not
limited to in process, end of shift, end of a run, quarterly and as
- Always maintaining a high level of awareness for all safety
measures including OSHA regulations and procedures set forth by
SensoryEffects management, including proper use of Lock out/Tag out
- Perform others duties as assigned
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel,
safety, and equipment maintenance and upkeep. Become proficient in
areas of production and safety policies and procedures
(accident/injury reporting, blood borne pathogens, confined spaces,
emergency evacuation, equipment operation/maintenance, hazard
communication, ladders, lockout/tag out, personal protective
equipment, etc.). QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
but not required.
- Six (6) months of related experience and/or training.
- Individual must be equipped with strong motivation,
organization, time management, and communication skills (both
orally and written).
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to
multi-task and prioritize. Individual should demonstrate strong
work ethics (punctual, dependable, and trustworthy), and be quality
oriented and process oriented.
- The ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing
responsibilities and operating equipment conforming to
SensoryEffects production and safety procedures is needed.
- The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions is
- Individual should possess the ability to effectively
communicate and handle conflict in a professional manner.
- The ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to
building a positive team spirit is required. PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Individual will continually be required to stand, walk, use hands
to finger, handle or feel, to talk and hear, and to utilize
specific vision abilities including but not limited to close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus. Regularly required to climb, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, using proper ergonomic principles,
taste, smell, and lift up to 25 pounds. Periodically required to
lift up to and above 50 and 100 pounds, utilizing safe and proper
lift techniques and equipment. Individual will rarely be required
to sit. VISUAL ACTIVITY: Individual will operate equipment,
including but not limited to computers, drafting equipment and
instruments involving scientific meters and measuring devices. The
ability to distinguish colors is required. ENVIRONMENTAL
CONDITIONS: SensoryEffects Cereal Systems requires anyone working
in the plant or entering the plant to adhere to the personal
protective equipment policies and procedures. All personal
protective equipment furnished must be worn by all employees when
required or needed to perform proper and safe working conditions.
Individual may rarely be exposed to wet or humid conditions,
working near moving mechanical parts, work in extreme heat
(non-weather), work in high noise levels and vibration. Individual
may also be periodically working in high or precarious places,
fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor
weather conditions, and extreme cold (non-weather). COMPENSATION
STATUS: Non-Exempt ($12.00/Hourly) plus shift differential.
Hours:1st Shift- 7AM to 3PM 2ndShift-3PM to 11PM 3rd Shift- 11PM to
7AM We offer:
- Shift Differential
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan Insurance after 1st Month
- 401(k) with 6% employer match after 60 days
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Floating, 9 Company
- Uniforms Provided
- Safety Shoes Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement after 2 years (must be work related)
- Fitness Reimbursement Plan up to a maximum of $375 per benefit
plan year (1/1-12/31)
- Free Cereal
Keywords: balchem, Lincoln , Production Operator, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!