Quality Assurance Technician- 2nd Shift
Posted on: May 20, 2019
Quality Assurance Technician- 2nd Shift
The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician performs quality assurance
duties as needed to support plant operations. Examines Company
facilities to ensure standards are maintained and product integrity
is preserved. Monitors cleaning and sanitation procedures and
performs product testing. Directly reports to the Quality Assurance
Manager for proper direction, interpretation, and evaluation.
Maintains and guarantees SensoryEffects Cereal Systems quality and
- Work with Production Manager, Supervisors/ Leads to monitor and
document the food safety and food quality of raw and finished
- Report any deviation from quality of service that may become a
- Perform QA testing during the course of production, including,
but not limited to, moisture, sensory, and screen profile analysis.
Resolve all quality problems.
- Monitor timeliness and completeness of QA procedures and
documentation, i.e., equipment line cleans, Master Sanitation
Schedule (MSS) duties, Critical Control Point/Control Point
(CCP/CP) procedures, etc.
- Ensure all paperwork is complete in an accurate and timely
- Ensure the documentation complies with Company food safety and
food quality standards.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel,
safety, and equipment maintenance and upkeep.
- Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies
and procedures (accident/injury reporting, blood-borne pathogens,
confined spaces, emergency evacuation, equipment
operation/maintenance, hazard communication, ladders,
lockout/tagout, personal protective equipment, etc.) as
- Observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate
action beyond guidelines, and report potentially unsafe
- Provide proper documents and control samples to shift leaders
and operators as needed for production.
- Provide team based training on food quality and food safety
during huddle meetings, specific training classes, monthly
- Assist and monitor cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Consistently be on time to work, meetings, and training
- Attend all Company-sponsored training events, i.e., safety
training talks, and monthly training sessions, targeted for
continuing personal growth and development.
- Report to your Manager any failure to adhere to SensoryEffects
Cereal Systems work ethics and standards.
- Assist with research and development (R&D)
- Maintain the verification and calibration programs for moisture
balances and scales (bench top).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance
- Consistently communicate verbally or written, any pertinent
information regarding food safety, food quality, or quality
assurance matters to QA team, QA Manager, operations and when
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology, or food
science is desirable.
- Two to four years of experience in production facility quality
control is highly desirable.
- Individual must be equipped with strong motivation,
organization, time management, documentation, and communication
skills (both orally and written).
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to
multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstration of strong work ethics (punctual, dependable, and
trustworthy) is necessary.
- The ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing
responsibilities and operating equipment conforming to company
production, personnel, and safety procedures is needed.
- The ability to read and comprehend instructions,
correspondence, memos, write correspondence and effectively present
information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers,
clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to communicate and handle conflict in a
- The ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to
building a positive team spirit is required.
Individual will continually be required to stand, walk, use hands
to finger, handle or feel, to talk and hear, and to utilize
specific vision abilities including but not limited to close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus. Regularly required to climb, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, using proper ergonomic principles,
taste, smell, and lift up to 25 pounds. Periodically required to
lift up to and above 50 and 100 pounds, utilizing safe and proper
lift techniques and equipment. Individual will rarely be required
Individual will operate equipment, including but not limited to
computers, drafting equipment and instruments involving scientific
meters and measuring devices. The ability to distinguish colors is
SensoryEffects Cereal Systems requires anyone working in the plant
or entering the plant to adhere to the personal protective
equipment policies and procedures. All personal protective
equipment furnished must be worn by all employees when required or
needed to perform proper and safe working conditions.
Individual may rarely be exposed to wet or humid conditions,
working near moving mechanical parts, work in extreme heat
(non-weather), work in high noise levels and vibration. Individual
may also be periodically working in high or precarious places,
fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor
weather conditions, and extreme cold (non-weather).
- Starting Salary $17.00/hr.
- Plus Shift Premium; $.40- 2nd Shift & $.60-3rd Shift
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance after 60 days of
- 401(k) with 6% employer match after 60 days of
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick, Floating,
- Uniforms Provided
- Safety Shoes Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement after 2 years of employment (must pertain
- Fitness Reimbursement Plan up to a maximum of $375 per benefit
plan year (1/1-12/31)
PI109894895Pandologic. Keywords: Quality Control / Quality
Assurance Technician, Location: Lincoln, NE - 68524
Keywords: Balchem, Lincoln , Quality Assurance Technician- 2nd Shift, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!