3rd Shift Warehouse Operator
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Job Title: Warehouse Operator- 3rd Shift 11PM to 7AM
The Warehouse Operator is responsible for receiving shipments, shipping orders, repalletization, inventory control, and Master Sanitation Cleaning. Must be knowledgeable and comply with all Quality Control (QC), Quality Assurance (QA), and good manufacturing practices (GMPs). Directly reports to the Warehouse Shift Leader/Supervisor for proper direction, interpretation, and evaluation. Maintains and guarantees SensoryEffects Cereal Systems quality and safety standards.
Operate forklift as per operation guidelines to include safety procedures and guidelines. Stack 50 lb. bags up to 6 ft. high and slide 100 lb. bags on a pallet to feed conveying equipment. Utilize safe and proper lifting techniques.
Inventory control in D365 system. Read and understand lot numbers and scales. Record and maintain accurate data on run sheets as necessary. Ensure all paperwork is complete in an accurate and timely manner. Ensure documentation complies with SECS standards.
Keep a neat, clean, and orderly work setting by completing the cleaning tasks as assigned. Complete the Master Sanitation Schedule as necessary.
Observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, and report potentially unsafe conditions.
Monitor product quality to meet Company standards. Report to Supervisor any deviation from scheduling or quality of service that may become a potential liability.
Report to your Lead or Warehouse Manager any failure to adhere to SensoryEffects work ethics and standards.
Perform others duties as assigned.
Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel, safety, and equipment maintenance and upkeep. Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies and procedures (accident/injury reporting, blood borne pathogens, confined spaces, emergency evacuation, equipment operation/maintenance, hazard communication, ladders, lockout/tag out, personal protective equipment, etc.).
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred bu not required.
- 6 to 12 months of warehouse operation/forklift related experience and/or training.
- Forklift proficiency is a must!
- Computer literacy is required (prefer experience in warehouse inventory management systems, such as MRP/ERP).
- Individual must be equipped with strong motivation, organization, time management, documentation, and communication skills (both orally and written).
- Must have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Individual should demonstrate strong work ethics (punctual, dependable, and trustworthy).
- The ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing responsibilities and operating equipment conforming to SensoryEffects production, personnel, and safety procedures is needed.
- The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, and to write simple correspondence is also necessary.
- Individual must be able to pass any required examinations necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
- The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization, as well as communicate and handle conflict in a professional manner is required.
- The ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building a positive team spirit is necessary.
Individual will continually be required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, to talk and hear, and to utilize specific vision abilities including but not limited to close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, using proper ergonomic principles, taste, smell, and lift up to 25 pounds. Periodically required to lift up to and above 50 and 100 pounds, utilizing safe and proper lift techniques and equipment. Individual will rarely be required to sit.
Individual will operate equipment, including but not limited to computers, drafting equipment and instruments involving scientific meters and measuring devices. The ability to distinguish colors is required.
SensoryEffects Cereal Systems requires anyone working in the plant or entering the plant to adhere to the personal protective equipment policies and procedures. All personal protective equipment furnished must be worn by all employees when required or needed to perform proper and safe working conditions.
Individual may rarely be exposed to wet or humid conditions, working near moving mechanical parts, work in extreme heat (non-weather), work in high noise levels and vibration. Individual may also be periodically working in high or precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, and extreme cold (non-weather).
COMPENSATION STATUS: Non-Exempt ($12.00/hr.), HOURS: 11PM to 7AM
- Opportunity to work for a stable, ethical and growing company
- Competitive wages & training
- Generous benefits, 1st of the month following employment Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401K with company match of 6%, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment
- Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation, Personal, Floating, 9 Holidays and Sick Days
- Fitness Club Membership Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement after 2 years of employment
- Free Cereal
Keywords: balchem, Lincoln , 3rd Shift Warehouse Operator, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!