Posted on: September 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
To supervise the Maintenance Department, to insure the safety and
upkeep of the facility and its equipment. Chief of Plant Emergency
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
1. Supervise Maintenance employees including electricians, tool and
die, machinists, fab welders, mechanics and crib attendants.
Schedule overtime as needed.
2. Receive all breakdown calls, prioritize breakdowns and assign
personal to repair breakdowns.
3. Assign and coordinate preventive maintenance activities.
4. Research and order repair parts. Order emergency repair items.
Work with vendors and sales representatives.
5. Quote projects involving facility upkeep, equipment moves,
redesigning and retrofitting equipment, including new equipment
installation. Work with appropriate engineers on these projects
6. Chief of Plant Emergency Organization. Responsible for overall
safety of employee and facility in emergency situations.
7. Monitor job performance and conduct employee evaluations
8. Facilitate and lead employee involvement teams.
9. Contact and coordinate work with outside contractors.
10. Ensure plant safety compliance. (e.g. OSHA)
11. Apply First Aid and CPR as needed.
Directly supervises employees in the Maintenance Dept. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
EDUCATION: BS Degree and 3-5 years supervisory experience in a
manufacturing environment or 7+ years supervising operations or
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5-10 years experience in production and/or engineering.
- Supervision or maintenance experience in the automotive
industry would be a definite asset.
- Experience with the following platforms: Rockwell
Control-Logix, or PLC-5, Allen-Bradley, Visual Basic, Ethernet,
- Knowledge of Relay Logic, Programmable Controllers, VFD's
- Mechanical and/or electrical experience.
- Experience in TS16949/ISO 14001 would be an asset.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be a self-starter.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Lincoln
Keywords: Tenneco, Lincoln , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Seward, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!