Planner, DC Production
Company: Tractor Supply Company
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Overall Job Summary This position is responsible for leading the
prioritization of workflow through the Distribution Center in order
to meet business needs. This position is also responsible for wave
planning, managing the release of workload, monitoring building
progress/flow, facilitating interdepartmental dialogue around
building balance, and maintaining an open line of communication
with Operations Management and SSC partners. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities (Min 5%)
- Develop, analyze, modify and execute the Wave Plan to ensure
predetermined schedules are met for all loads while maintaining
balance across all departments and shifts.
- Establish workload planning needs to meet established levels of
service and cycle times.
- Manage daily carryover to stay within established building
- Work closely with building leaders to understand variances to
plan and establish daily/weekly goals.
- Create reports as needed to monitor, track and measure
performance at all levels.
- Collaborate with SSC partners and building leaders, use
forecasting to develop short term and long-term staffing
- Work directly with Operations Managers and HR to determine
overtime and voluntary time off needs to achieve level of service
and cycle time.
- Serves as communication conduit between Operations Managers and
Supervisors to communicate daily / weekly staffing and volume
- Work closely with Transportation teams evaluating delivery load
guides to ensure loads are completed timely. Partner accordingly to
make necessary adjustments with routing or delivery times.
- Partners with building leadership making key business decisions
in areas such as staffing, long and short-term event planning and
- Measures and monitors capacity; works closely with IC team to
establish and manage building capacity plan.
- Collaborates with SSC partners as needed to maintain building
capacity within established thresholds
- Work closely with Inventory teams to drive productive flow of
inventory into and out of the building.
- Work effectively with WMS systems to ensure effective order
- Work closely with Facility Maintenance Manager to drive
effective equipment utilization. Understand and manage equipment
constraints in order to maximize building throughput.
- Key stake holder in driving building process improvements and
Required Qualifications Experience: 3 years' similar experience in
a distribution/manufacturing environment. Experience in a WMS
system driven environment. Experience planning, guiding or
directing labor. Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited
college or university in logistics or supply chain management
preferred. Any suitable combination of education and experience
within manufacturing, engineering, or a closely related field will
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities
- Strong ability to influence across different levels, GM/AGM,
Operations Managers, Supervisors and hourly Team Members.
- Strong relationship management
- Strong skills in data analytics
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Power
- Duties include frequent alternate standing, walking, bending,
stooping, and sitting, throughout the course of the shift
- Required to work in a physical environment that is subject to
temperature extremes, movement of mobile and fixed equipment,
possible exposure to hazardous products, dust and other conditions
associated with a warehouse operation Physical Requirements
- Reaching overhead
- Standing (not walking)
- Lifting up to 20 pounds Disclaimer This job description
represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above
referenced position. It is not intended to represent a
comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should
perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Keywords: Tractor Supply Company, Lincoln , Planner, DC Production, Professions , Waverly, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!