Electrician 1st shift
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job LocationsUS-NE-LincolnYour OpportunityThis position has
responsibilities to maintain, troubleshoot and repair a variety of
electrical and mechanical equipment in a food processing
environment. This position requires proficiency in multiple skill
clusters, such as electrical controls, fluid power, mechanical
systems, welding, fabrication and manufacturing processes. This
person will perform medium to high-level machine systems
troubleshooting and repair, and provide technical support for all
phases of the operation. This work will be of average to
considerable difficulty in the accomplishment of a variety of
mechanical maintenance actions. Core ResponsibilitiesTo perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to
perform the essential functions.
- Works from verbal and written instructions, blueprints, and
sketches to complete work orders and PMs.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment and systems for emergency
- Applies skills, experience, and general knowledge to a wide
range of tasks to adjust, repair, dissemble, replace, and
reassemble plant equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance routines and inspections.
- Utilizes hand tools and common powered hand and shop
- Approaches job duties with a sense of accuracy and
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; and 2 to 4 years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to read and write fluently in English to
communicate and understand technical/ training manuals written in
- Possess the ability to function effectively in a team
environment and interact productively with all levels of team
personnel and outside contractors.
- Ability to operate a forklift, genie lift or scissor lift
- Displays sound judgment, organizational skills and the ability
to work independently with little supervision.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a
full-time basis. Work Environment & Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands
to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands
and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and
taste or smell.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds or greater.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment & Physical
DemandsThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to perform studies on the production floor, work
in temperatures ranging from -10 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit and in
constant noise, exposure to fumes, dust, mechanical, electrical and
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate but can be loud
if in the plant areas
- Must be willing to work 8-10 hours daily up to 6 days per week
with some flexibility. Careers and BenefitsTo learn more about
Smithfields benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
PEOPLE MATTERMore than 63,000 employees globally drive our success.
We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENTWorking at Smithfield isn't just a job it's the
foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you
advance professionally. BENEFITSOur people matter. That's why we
offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time
employees. SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGESustainability is ingrained in our
culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
future.About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since
1936,Smithfield Foods, Inc. (https://www.smithfieldfoods.com/) is
an American food company with agricultural roots and a global
reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to
producing "Good food. Responsibly" and serve as one of the world's
leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a
portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield,
Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more
information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com
, and connect with us
InformationSmithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to
workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job
characteristic as directed by law. Connect With Us!ID2023-26507Job
Keywords: Smithfield, Lincoln , Electrician 1st shift, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!