Company: Green Plains Renewable Energy
Location: Wood River
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company
focused on the development and utilization of fermentation,
agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of
annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients.
This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels,
renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols
for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an
innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for
animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global
appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9%
limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in
Green Plains Partners LP.
Material Handler (Candidates must be able to work a rotating 12
Location: Wood River, NE
Job Summary: Operate and maintain machinery and equipment necessary
in the loading and unloading of ethanol, wet & dry distillers and
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the
* Inspect grain received to ensure that it meets company
* Timely loading/unloading of all ethanol, distiller's grains and
other products by railcar and truck.
* Proper completion of all records related to the products loaded
for shipment from the plant site.
* Ability to submit work requests when appropriate.
* Housekeeping as related, but not limited to the cleanliness and
orderly organization of all areas that pertain to your duties.
* Keep current on the status of all operating equipment.
* Maintain rolling stock to include loaders, track mobile, skid
steer, and fuel loader by checking fluid levels, greasing,
lubricating and re-fueling.
* Inspect loaders, track mobile, etc. for defects, cracks, breaks,
tires, etc. according to the designated schedule issued by
maintenance and document the inspection results.
* Work closely with maintenance and inform them of any mechanical
* Grease and check oil levels on all rolling stock equipment at the
designated schedule and document.
* Properly document any accidents and/or injuries.
* Keep the plant in a tour ready condition at all times.
* Frequent communications with the grain grader and operations
* Participate in safety programs and ongoing training sessions.
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Must be hard working and self motivated.
* Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
* Ability to operate utility vehicles.
* Ability to work well with others and ability to work
independently with multi-tasking skills.
* Must have a willingness to learn.
* Exemplify the high standards necessary to accomplish the goals of
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
* Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and
steps, lift up to 60 lbs, and work at heights.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
* The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
* The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
* The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all
* The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
Keywords: Green Plains Renewable Energy, Lincoln , Material Handler, Professions , Wood River, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!