Video Monitoring Technician, Acute Rehab, 11pm-7am, 36hrs/week
Company: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Job Title: Video Monitoring
Job Location: Lincoln Status: Hourly + Great Pay (up to $5.30 shift
differential plus significant nursing pay incentives!) JOB
- Responsible for providing rehabilitative and technical care
through continuous video monitoring under the direction of licensed
- Responsible for understanding and implementing the patient plan
of care to deliver quality care within the clinical service systems
and according to Madonna's philosophy and mission.
- Responsible for reporting adverse patient condition changes to
- Work will be performed in an ethical and legal manner following
organizational policies, processes, protocols and procedures .
- Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external
customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the
mission and values for the department and facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (INFORMATION)
- Understand scope of practice and utilizes position job
description, job standards, operational definitions and facility
policies to ensure quality care delivery.
- Compile patient care information to meet patient goals.
- Coordinate patient care by understanding and utilizing
management of high risk patients requiring continuous observation
and rehabilitation program policies, procedures and job
- Review daily patient schedules to ensure accuracy and
- Report clinical observations to supervising clinician.
- Communicate with supervising clinician and other clinicians
regarding patient's condition, concerns, patient goals achieved and
other developments to ensure quality service delivery.
- Attend to the direct care needs of patients, including
transfers, ambulation, repositioning and activities of daily living
to ensure quality of care, when assigned.
- Communicate to patient, family and co-workers in a respectful
manner to maintain a positive customer oriented approach.
- Receive and implement directions for patient care in order to
meet patient goals.
- Follow instruction from supervisor to perform other functions
as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department
- Instruct and orient new staff to department, hospital
environment and operational guidelines.
- Participate in and assists with department and facility
committees, project teams and/or task forces, as directed by
- Provide continuous video monitoring of patients as needed.
- Follow direction from a licensed clinician and provide
assistance with components of interventions in order to meet
- Perform required duties according to established safety
standards to maintain compliance with regulations and to prevent
- Maintain and ensure a safe environment for the patient care
program. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform
required duties according to established safety standards to
maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Setup equipment and supplies necessary for continuous video
monitoring, maintaining a clean work station.
- Stock and reorder supplies as needed.
- Handle and operate all necessary continuous visual monitoring
equipment including central monitoring station.
- Medical devices used in work, including but are not limited to
the central monitoring station and mobile AvaSys Telesitter
- Assist with ensuring cleanliness of equipment and environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Requires continuous computer video monitoring for extended
periods of time.
- Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor
- Ordinary hearing and speaking skills.
- Must tolerate frequent sitting for sustained periods.
- Medium work with frequent lifting, when assigned.
- Manual patient transfer or reposition which does not exceed the
equivalent of 35 pounds of force to lift, push or pull.
- Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to
push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level
- Constant walking with maximum duration of up 30 minutes
sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces.
- Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to
1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces.
- Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high
- Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning
requiring normal grip strength based on national averages.
- Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for
- Routinely exposed to biohazardous materials. QUALIFICATIONS
(Education/training and/or Experience)
- Successful completion of the State approved nurse aide training
program which includes the 75 hour classroom, written, and
competency skill exams and meets current Nebraska registry
- Incumbent must be 18 years of age or older.
- Six months of experience as a CNA at Madonna or
- Nurse Associate or Rehab Associate preferred.
- Successful completion of a "Continuous Visual Monitoring--
class including 100% attendance with a minimum passing score of
- Must have acceptable attendance record according to facility
policy. Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, Lincoln , Video Monitoring Technician, Acute Rehab, 11pm-7am, 36hrs/week, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!