Finisher Pig Technician
Company: Pillen Family Farms
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in
Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a
family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes
into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even
our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of
our family.Job Description:
- With a combination of animal husbandry and modern technological
advances, our finisher pig technicians are responsible for the care
of pigs in our finishing barns.
- A Team Member who works with our older pigs must possess
excellent animal husbandry skills and a passion for detail.
- These team members generally start their day by 6:00 a.m. and
typically complete around 3:00 / 4:00 p.m. However, with various
loading and receiving times, the start and finish times can be
modified to accommodate personal schedules.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Power washing and sanitizing barns, rooms, and hallways.
- Manage nutritional requirements of each animal.
- Assessment of pig body and health condition.
- Administration of proper treatment to animals.
- Maintain most optimum environment for herd. Requirements:
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Must be able to reach, bend, and stoop frequently.
- Be at work on scheduled days and ready to walk into barns by
- Continuous walking and standing; a minimum of 8 hours per
- Frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 50
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare
Keywords: Pillen Family Farms, Lincoln , Finisher Pig Technician, Professions , Ord, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!