USPS Mail Carrier- Lexington, NE
Company: Ameritrans Express
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $16.02ABOUT THE COMPANYAmeritrans Express
LLC, one of the nation's leaders in Contract Delivery Service for
the United States Postal Service, is currently seeking mail
delivery applicants for the Lexington, NE.JOB DESCRIPTION, DUTIES &
RESPONSIBILITIESUSPS mail carriers deliver mail to homes and
businesses in cities, towns, and rural areas. They travel planned
routes, collecting and delivering mail, obtaining signatures, and
answering customer questions about postal regulations and services.
Delivery occurs regardless of the weather, although schedules may
- Sorting mail in delivery sequence for active mailboxes.
- Loading mail and parcels in delivery sequence into a delivery
- Delivering mail to customer boxes along an assigned
- Dismounting if required to deliver parcels, Express Mail, and
other accountable mail items.
- Other administrative duties as required.REQUIREMENTS
- Must have legal documentation to work in the United States
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs regularly
- Must be able to work and drive in all types of weather
- Must pass a Postal Inspection Service criminal background check
and drug test (to include screening for marijuana)
- Must be a fast learner, able to pay close attention to detail
and work independently after 4 days of training.
- Must reside in close proximity to Lexington, NE.
- Must provide Delivery Vehicle with at least 70 cubic feet of
cargo space.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Route delivery/ unloading experience
- Former USPS, UPS, FedEx employeesMINIMUM VEHICLE AND INSURANCE
- Must have a qualifying vehicle that meets the United States
Postal Service regulations & requirements for this route:
- One (1) Dependable vehicle providing 70 cubic feet of usable
load space for mail and parcels, can be of any age so long as it is
in good physical and mechanical condition. The vehicle required is
equivalent to a Large SUV/Minivan. An all-wheel-drive or
4-wheel-drive is a plus.
- $100,000/$500,000/$100,000 or $600,000 (CSL) of liability
insurance for contract vehicle the applicant is responsible for all
the vehicle maintenance, fuel, and insurance cost for their
- Ameritrans provides a fixed vehicle reimbursement rate to
accommodate for personal vehicle use for mail delivery.Must be
available to start immediately
- Work Schedule: Full-Time Monday- Saturday
- Hours: 7:30 AM until route is finished (approximately 5 to 6
- Pay-rate: $16.02 per hour plus Vehicle Use Reimbursement of
$41.86 per day.
- Full Time Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K &
- 10 Paid Holiday's [Government Holidays observed]
Keywords: Ameritrans Express, Lincoln , USPS Mail Carrier- Lexington, NE, Professions , Lexington, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!