Company: Reefer Systems, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Some of our experienced Techs have total annual compensation
between $80,000 and $102,000* We can provide you with a career
path, great pay, and solid benefits. Are you mechanically inclined?
If so we are willing to train. About Us: WE BLEED BLUE At MCT
Companies, we like to say we bleed blue. Bleeding Blue is a
dedication and commitment to our co-workers, customers, and our
core values. Our core values define who we are. They are the
underlying framework for our decisions, interactions, and
relationships. We strive for camaraderie because we are team
players, a can-do attitude because we are problem solvers and
doers, doing right by our word because we believe in honesty,
excellence because we believe that expertise and quality is the key
to success, but most importantly, fun because we cherish the
life-long friendships and bonds made at MCT! Job Summary Installs
and services Transport Refrigeration Units and Auxiliary Powered
Units in trucks and/or trailers. Conducts equipment inspections and
performs diagnostic tests to determine unit readiness and/or
deficiencies. Performs installs, repairs, adjustments and
replacement of refrigeration components, such as compressors,
engines, coils, and electrical systems. Enhances service department
and organizations reputation by accepting ownership for
accomplishing work that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs new refrigeration units in a timely and proficient
- Determines unit condition by conducting inspections and
diagnostic tests to identify worn and/or damaged parts.
- Conducts repairs and maintains unit records by annotating
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance
schedules, installing component and parts upgrades, and controlling
- Verifies unit performance by conducting system tests,
troubleshooting and downloads.
- Completes Repair Orders (RO's) and enters data at the time of
- Keeps shop equipment working by following operational
instructions and adheres to OSHA standards.
- Participates in training and educational opportunities provided
by the company: reads technical and regulation publications to
increase job knowledge and demonstrates competencies.
- Accepts responsibility for scheduled on call rotation for 24
hour service calls.
- Maintains equipment appearance by cleaning and washing units.
Keeps shop area organized and work space free of clutter.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and is
compliant with Safety procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to work with other team members and learn
from experienced Technicians.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned by
management. Job Requirements
- Aptitude in a technical and mechanical role and willingness to
learn about Transport Refrigeration Units (TRUs), Auxiliary Powered
Units (APUs) and trailer equipment.
- Capacity to demonstrate technical knowledge of refrigeration
systems, materials, method and tools to perform, prioritize and
- Utilize critical thinking skills, problem solving abilities,
and exercises good judgment when completing tasks in an efficient,
correct and productive manner.
- Must possess a current valid driver's license or commercial
driver's license. Must notify supervisor and discontinue operating
vehicles any time license or permit is revoked or restricted. Allow
only authorized passengers in company vehicles.
- Coordinate tools, resources and equipment to meet deadlines in
a fast paced environment.
- Active listening skills, oral/written comprehension and
commitment to perform quality service.
- Basic computer and data entry skills for Windows based software
programs e.g. Karmak Fusion software a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft
office suite: Outlook, Word helpful.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential job functions.
Employees must arrive to work prior to the scheduled shift start
time, while not taking unscheduled and unauthorized absences as
determined by company and departmental guidelines. BENEFITS:
Health, Dental, Company paid Life, STD, LTD, FSA, On Call Pay,
Tuition Reimbursement, Factory Authorized, In-House Training,
401-K, PTO, Holidays, clothing allowance and tool program .
Disclaimer: The requirements and physical demands listed in this
job description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed
as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of
personnel so classified. The Company reserves the right to modify
this job description and or assign tasks for the employee to
perform as the Company may deem appropriate. This job description
does not represent a contract of employment, implied or otherwise.
The employment relationship remains "At-Will". MCT is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on basis of race,
color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, marital
status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant
criteria. MCT is an EEO/AAP Employer *Includes Call-out Pay
Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm
Keywords: Reefer Systems, Inc., Lincoln , Refrigeration/Diesel/Service Mechanic, Professions , Schuyler, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!