Production Lead- 3rd Shift
Company: Balchem Corporation
Posted on: January 15, 2022
COMPANY OVERVIEW:Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and
markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health
and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art
solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries
worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton,
New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales
offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily
located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a
publicly traded company (NASDAQ - "BCPC") with annual revenues over
$640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company
consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health;
Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs
over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities,
committed to developing the company into global market leadership
positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing
company, visit www.balchem.com
POSITION SUMMARY:The Shift Leader processes ingredients to produce
a finished product that meets the SensoryEffects - Cereal Systems
quality standards. Operates and maintains equipment safely and in
an efficient manner. Directly reports to the Production Supervisor
for proper direction, interpretation, and evaluation. Maintains and
guarantees SensoryEffects - quality and safety standards.
Work Hours- 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM(must be flexible to work Saturdays
depending on production)
- Operate equipment as per operation guidelines to include safety
procedures and guidelines. Understand equipment and processes and
monitor equipment operation.
- Stack 50 lb. bags up to 6 ft. high and slide 100 lb. bags on a
pallet to feed conveying equipment. Utilize safe and proper lifting
- Read and understand lot numbers and scales. Record and maintain
accurate data on run sheets as necessary. Ensure all paperwork is
complete in an accurate and timely manner. Ensure documentation
complies with SECS standards.
- Observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate
action beyond guidelines, and report potentially unsafe
- Monitor product quality to meet SECS standards. Report to
Supervisor any deviation from scheduling or quality of service that
may become a potential liability.
- Report to your Production Supervisor any failure to adhere to
SensoryEffects - work ethics and standards.
- Attend all Company-sponsored training events i.e. safety
training talks and annual training sessions, targeted for
continuing personal growth and development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel,
safety, and equipment maintenance and upkeep. Become proficient in
areas of production and safety policies and procedures
(accident/injury reporting, blood borne pathogens, confined spaces,
emergency evacuation, equipment operation/maintenance, hazard
communication, ladders, lockout/tag out, personal protective
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED);
- PREVIOUS LEAD EXPERIENCE: one to three years of related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
or experience is required.
- Individual must be equipped with strong motivation,
organization, time management, documentation, and communication
skills (both orally and written).
- Must have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to
multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstration of strong work ethics (punctual, dependable, and
- Ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing
responsibilities and operating equipment conforming to Company
production, personnel, and safety procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to pass any required examinations necessary to
perform essential functions of the job.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Must be able to communicate and handle conflict in a
- Ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building
a positive team spirit.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Individual will continually be required to
stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, to talk and hear,
and to utilize specific vision abilities including but not limited
to close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly required to
climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, using proper
ergonomic principles, taste, smell, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Periodically required to lift up to and above 50 and 100 pounds,
utilizing safe and proper lift techniques and equipment. Individual
will rarely be required to sit.
VISUAL ACTIVITY: Individual will operate equipment, including but
not limited to computers, drafting equipment and instruments
involving scientific meters and measuring devices. The ability to
distinguish colors is required.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: SensoryEffects - Cereal Systems requires
anyone working in the plant or entering the plant to adhere to the
personal protective equipment policies and procedures. All personal
protective equipment furnished must be worn by all employees when
required or needed to perform proper and safe working
conditions.Individual may rarely be exposed to wet or humid
conditions, working near moving mechanical parts, work in extreme
heat (non-weather), work in high noise levels and vibration.
Individual may also be periodically working in high or precarious
places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals,
outdoor weather conditions, and extreme cold (non-weather).
Keywords: Balchem Corporation, Lincoln , Production Lead- 3rd Shift, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!