Customer Service/Production Associate
Company: Goodwill Industries of Greater Nebraska, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
POSITION TYPE: Part TimeGENERAL DESCRIPTION: Assist customers
and perform such tasks as necessary for successful/efficient
operation of store including but not limited to the preparation of
product for sale, movement of product to sales floor and then to
recycling as appropriate, cashiering, and providing excellent
customer service.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (NOTE: Qualified persons
with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation
will be made.)
- Sort, containerize, label and/or otherwise prepare donated
items for sale either in the store or via e-commerce, or possible
- Salvage product according to procedure and complete
- Accurately check out customers and complete sales transactions
at the cash register.
- Be able to maintain store, including opening and closing when
requested by store manager.
- Keep store and surrounding area in a clean and pleasing
appearance/condition with consideration for safety factors
involving company employees, donors and the general public.
- Timely arrival at the workplace and consistent attendance as
arranged by the Manager.
- Maintain a positive image in the community while developing and
maintaining an excellent rapport with customers, donors, and other
guests of Goodwill Industries of Greater Nebraska.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Inform customers of seasonal and permanent promotions (i.e.
monthly coupons, in-store Specials, etc.) and ask every customer
who purchases items, if they would like to round-up their purchase.
- Follow safety rules and all agency policies and procedures.
- Document incidents/accidents, supply requirements and other
situations as may be required by supervisor. Report information in
a timely manner. Maintain necessary paperwork.
- Perform work activities in conformance to Goodwill Values
Statement which includes the values of Respect, Integrity,
Compassion, Stewardship, Learning, Teamwork and Entrepreneurial
- Immediately report any wrongdoing, unethical or improper
conduct, fraud, fiscal mismanagement or misappropriation of funds,
etc. (Refer to the Corporate Compliance Program Policy and
Procedure for instructions on how to report.)
- Encourage and do not hinder in any way an employee making a
report pertaining to Goodwill's Corporate Compliance Program Policy
and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Ensure no employee is retaliated against in any way as a result
of making a report related to Goodwill's Corporate Compliance
Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Welcome and embrace cultural diversity in all areas of
Goodwill, i.e. customers, donors, volunteers, employees, or
- Other duties as assignedEDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a position which requires the providing of
excellent customer service desirable
- Previous experience in operating a cash register is
desirablePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to communicate in spoken conversation, adequate volume
speech, and have normal hearing for conversation.
- Ability to be independently mobile on all surfaces and
situations, to move safely about the work area.
- The ability to stand/walk a majority of the work day.
- Visual acuity, depth perception and field of vision within
- Have the physical stamina to lift, carry, push, and pull
objects weighing up to 50#, frequently up to 25 #.MENTAL
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to follow directions of supervisor
- Ability to deal with people in an efficient manner.
- Ability to meet, interact, and cooperate with other workers in
a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Ability to accurately count money and perform cash register
functions.HOURS: Variable over seven-day week. Will include some
evenings, weekends and holidays.EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Matching 403b Retirement.EOE/Affirmative Action Employer/and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their protected veteran status/Drug Free
Keywords: Goodwill Industries of Greater Nebraska, Inc., Lincoln , Customer Service/Production Associate, Professions , Kearney, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!