Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job Locations: US-NE-Lincoln Your Opportunity:In Operations, you
would be on the front-line of the business; overseeing production,
tracking product yields, and making necessary adjustments. Ensuring
that safety and USDA health standards are met throughout all steps
of the manufacturing process. You would be a key player in
upholding the trusted quality in which Smithfield, Eckrich,
Nathan's Famous, and our other brands are known to
possess.Supervises production employees on assigned shifts to
ensure production guidelines are being met within established
timing, quality, and cost standards. Trains, directs, coaches and
leads the production team in the day-to-day operations to meet
production, safety and quality requirements. Drives the
communication of production goals and objectives, as well as
results in order to effectively motivate the team to maintain a
high standard of product quality while maximizing plant
efficiencies. Directs the routine maintenance and set up of
machines, equipment, and facilities.Core Responsibilities:A great
job and a great future await you at Smithfield Foods. As the
world's largest pork processor and largest hog producer in the
United States, we're a $16 billion global food company with more
than 55,000 employees. We're looking for motivated people who want
to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with
us.Our team members receive industry-leading wages and are eligible
for great benefits packages:
- Competitive Starting pay
- Earn up to 30% additional pay weekly with our Extended Work
Week Compensation Program!*
- Earn up to 10% additional pay weekly for 2nd and 3rd shift
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits and More
- Program eligibilities applyIn addition, we offer opportunities
for career growth, professional development, and tuition
- Performs daily walks and visual inspections of the Production
floor in observation of unsafe acts or conditions; takes immediate
corrective action where necessary.
- Maintains safety/environmental self-audits & visual checks,
champions all safety or ergonomic activities for the department and
helps to develop and meet plant safety goals.
- Maintain desired product quality and safety. Ensure all staff
and employees know and understand the Food Safety plan and the Food
- Trains employees to ensure safe operating procedures are
followed, including lock-out and tag-out.
- Adheres to product specification requirements throughout the
manufacturing process to maintain the desired product quality
- Maintains adequate knowledge of products and equipment to
ensure the ability to direct employees to perform the job
- Ensures tasks are completed in accordance with HACCP and USDA
regulations; taking corrective action when necessary.
- Walks the production floor daily and holds monthly line
meetings to address questions and concerns.
- Maintain or exceed goals on yields and efficiencies.
- Works with the Operations Managers and/or
Superintendents/Supervisors to maintain knowledge of yields and
variances, methods of calculations, typical problem areas and
methods for corrections and improvement.
- Suggests changes in work flow processes and use of equipment to
increase efficiency of the department and/or production crew to
maintain the lowest level of downtime and product costs
- Traces and analyzes key product result measures for improvement
opportunities.The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+
years of related experience, required.
- In lieu of a High School Diploma or GED, candidate must have 4
years of manufacturing industry experience in a production
environment and a minimum of 2 years related experience leading or
- Bachelor's degree and previous leadership experience;
- Knowledge of SAP, Internet, Spreadsheet, Word and Order
processing, and Inventory software, preferred.
- Previous food processing experience, supervisory experience,
manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant
efficiencies, and operations procedures, preferred.
- Bilingual a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts
associated with high-level process issues.
- Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills.
- Ability motivate, train and coach employees to encourage
optimum performance and engagement.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Ability to work in varying production environments (heat and
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.Supervisory
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees on the Production
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.Work
Environment & Physical Demands:The work environment characteristics
& physical demands described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions
(non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related),
working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne
particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can
be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl and talk or hear.Careers and Benefits:To learn more about
Smithfield's benefits, visit
smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.PEOPLE MATTERMore than 63,000
employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair,
ethical and rewarding work environment.GROWTH & DEVELOPMENTWorking
at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a lifelong
career with training designed to help you advance
professionally.BENEFITSOur people matter. That's why we offer
excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time
employees.SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGESustainability is ingrained in our
culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
future.About Smithfield Foods:Headquartered in Smithfield, Va.
since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with
agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000
European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food.
Responsibly. -" and have made us one of the world's leading
vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many
industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon
impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to
end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food
servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of
high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield -, Eckrich - and
Nathan's Famous -, among many others. For more information, visit
www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter,
LinkedIn and Instagram.EEO/AA Information:Smithfield is an equal
opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status,
status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status
or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Lincoln , Production Supervisor, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!