Maintenance Technician Trainee
Posted on: January 8, 2021
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and
markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health
and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art
solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries
worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton,
New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales
offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily
located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a
publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over
$640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company
consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health;
Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs
over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities,
committed to developing the company into global market leadership
positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing
company, visit POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician Trainee
learns to perform industrial maintenance, preventative maintenance,
repairs and/or overhauls equipment and related plumbing,
electrical, and pneumatic and hydraulic components that make up the
facility. Directly reports to the Maintenance Manager for proper
direction, interpretation, and evaluation. Maintains and guarantees
Balchem Cereal Systems quality and safety standards. Immediate
opportunity for advancement when individual learns and shows
skillsets beyond the entry level. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Understand how to operate equipment as per operation guidelines
to include safety procedures and guidelines. Understand
manufacturing equipment, processes, and monitoring of equipment
- Record and maintain accurate data on documents as necessary.
Ensure all paperwork is complete in an accurate and timely manner.
Ensure documentation complies with Company standards.
- Keep a neat, clean, and orderly work setting by completing the
cleaning tasks as assigned. Complete the Master Sanitation Schedule
(MSS) as necessary.
- Observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate
action beyond guidelines, and report potentially unsafe
- Consistently be on time to work, meetings, and training
- Attend all Company-sponsored training events, i.e., safety
training talks and annual training sessions, targeted for
continuing personal growth and development.
- Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies
- Must maintain a flexible attitude towards improvement and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel, safety,
and equipment maintenance and upkeep. Become proficient in areas of
production and safety policies and procedures (accident/injury
reporting, blood borne pathogens, confined spaces, emergency
evacuation, equipment operation/maintenance, hazard communication,
ladders, lockout/tag out, personal protective equipment, etc.).
- Basic Mechanical or Electrical background
- Individual must be willing to work any potential shift upon
- Individual must be equipped with strong motivation,
organization, time management, documentation, and communication
skills (both orally and written).
- Must have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to
multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing
responsibilities and operating equipment conforming to Company
production, personnel, and safety procedures.
- Computer knowledge and experience is a plus
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, operation
manuals, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting guides.
- Demonstration of strong work ethics (punctual, dependable, and
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to pass any required examinations necessary to
perform essential functions of the job.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Must be able to communicate and handle conflict in a
- Ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building
a positive team spirit. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Individual will continually be required to stand, walk, use
hands to finger, handle or feel, to talk and hear, and to utilize
specific vision abilities including but not limited to close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and
crawl, using proper ergonomic principles, taste, smell, and lift up
to 50 pounds
- Individual will operate equipment, including but not limited to
computers, drafting equipment and instruments involving scientific
meters and measuring devices
- The ability to distinguish colors is required
- Balchem Corporation requires anyone working in the plant or
entering the plant to adhere to the personal protective equipment
policies and procedures
- All personal protective equipment furnished must be worn by all
employees when required or needed to perform proper and safe
- Individual may rarely be exposed to wet or humid conditions,
working near moving mechanical parts, work in extreme heat
(non-weather), work in high noise levels and vibration
- Individual may also be periodically working in high or
precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic
chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, and extreme cold
(non-weather) WE OFFER:
- Competitive starting wage
- Plus Shift Premium $.1.00/hr. 2nd Shift & $1.50/hr. 3rd
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan Insurance first of the month after
- 401(k) with 6% employer match after 60 days
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Floating, 9 Company
- Uniforms Provided
- Safety Shoes Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year (must be work related)
- Fitness Reimbursement Plan up to a maximum of $375 per benefit
plan year (1/1-12/31)
- Free Cereal #IN
Keywords: balchem, Lincoln , Maintenance Technician Trainee, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!