Manufacturing Maintenance Technician Intern- 1st Shift
Posted on: May 7, 2020
The Maintenance Technician Internship learns to perform
industrial maintenance, preventative maintenance, repairs and/or
overhauls equipment and related plumbing, electrical, and pneumatic
and hydraulic components that make up the facility. Directly
reports to the Maintenance Manager for proper direction,
interpretation, and evaluation. Maintains and guarantees Balchem
Cereal Systems quality and safety standards. Immediate opportunity
for advancement when individual learns and shows skillsets beyond
the Internship level.
- Understand how to operate equipment as per operation guidelines
to include safety procedures and guidelines. Understand
manufacturing equipment, processes, and monitoring of equipment
- Record and maintain accurate data on documents as necessary.
Ensure all paperwork is complete in an accurate and timely manner.
Ensure documentation complies with Company standards.
- Keep a neat, clean, and orderly work setting by completing the
cleaning tasks as assigned. Complete the Master Sanitation Schedule
(MSS) as necessary.
- Observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate
action beyond guidelines, and report potentially unsafe
- Consistently be on time to work, meetings, and training
- Attend all Company-sponsored training events, i.e., safety
training talks and annual training sessions, targeted for
continuing personal growth and development.
- Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies
- Must maintain a flexible attitude towards improvement and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel, safety,
and equipment maintenance and upkeep. Become proficient in areas of
production and safety policies and procedures (accident/injury
reporting, blood borne pathogens, confined spaces, emergency
evacuation, equipment operation/maintenance, hazard communication,
ladders, lockout/tag out, personal protective equipment, etc.).
Qualifications: (includes Knowledge/Education/Experience/Special
- Basic Mechanical or Electrical background
- Internship training happens on First Shift
- Individual must be willing to work any potential shift upon
- Individual must be equipped with strong motivation,
organization, time management, documentation, and communication
skills (both orally and written).
- Must have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to
multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing
responsibilities and operating equipment conforming to Company
production, personnel, and safety procedures.
- Computer knowledge and experience is a plus
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, operation
manuals, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Demonstration of strong work ethics (punctual, dependable, and
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to pass any required examinations necessary to
perform essential functions of the job.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Must be able to communicate and handle conflict in a
- Ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building
a positive team spirit.
- Competitive starting wage
- Plus Shift Premium $.40/hr. 2nd Shift & $.60/hr. 3rd
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan Insurance first of the month after
- 401(k) with 6% employer match after 60 days
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Floating, 9 Company
- Uniforms Provided
- Safety Shoes Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year (must be work
- Fitness Reimbursement Plan up to a maximum of $375 per benefit
plan year (1/1-12/31)
- Free Cereal
Keywords: balchem, Lincoln , Manufacturing Maintenance Technician Intern- 1st Shift, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!