MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II
Company: Bryan Health
Posted on: March 26, 2020
The Maintenance Technician II troubleshoots, repairs, replaces and
conducts maintenance on assigned devices and equipment. Supports
computerized and automated systems including patient beds/lifts,
fire alarm system, nurse call system, pneumatic tube system, track
system and related building software and hardware systems. Performs
general construction tasks for new, remodeled or repaired spaces as
assigned. Utilizes knowledge of manufacturer's manuals,
troubleshooting techniques and preventative maintenance schedules
to work independently or cooperatively with coworkers to perform
daily work assignments.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently
demonstrates our core values.
2. *Performs general electrical and electronic installation, repair
and maintenance of hospital devices and equipment as assigned; may
act as primary technical resource for one or more devices or
3. *Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains computerized controlled
systems, i.e., pneumatic tube system, fire alarm system and nurse
4. *Responds to maintenance service requests and repair needs for
all buildings assigned.
5. *Performs various demolition and installation construction tasks
to meet departmental standards for new, remodeled or repaired
spaces including walls, ceilings, floors, countertops, cabinets,
windows, doors and built-in fixtures as assigned.
6. Welds, fabricates and repairs metal components utilizing stick,
gas, TIG and/or MIG welding techniques/methods.
7. *Inventories, stocks and maintains maintenance supply storage
8. *Conducts preventative maintenance evaluations on assigned
equipment; maintains logs, records and reports as required per
departmental or regulatory requirements.
9. Conducts visual inspections of all building areas to ensure
public spaces are well lit, common areas are
physically/structurally maintained and coworkers/public safety is
ensured; detects malfunctioning equipment before damage occurs.
10. Writes and updates preventative maintenance procedures;
utilizes knowledge of building codes, ordinances and other
regulatory requirements to accomplish work assignments.
11. Works with departmental personnel to conduct pre-purchase
evaluations of equipment and makes suggestions as appropriate;
participates on task forces and committees as requested.
12. Attends training classes to expand and maintain proficiency on
assigned equipment and systems; advances work knowledge by
participating in continuing education, reading
periodicals/reference books and seeking ongoing development
13. Responds to snow emergencies when needed.
14. Enters restricted access areas, without supervision, to perform
15. Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
(Essential Job functions are marked with an asterisk "*". Refer to
the Job Description Guide for the definition of essential and
non-essential job functions.) Attach Addendum for positions with
slightly different roles or work-specific differences as
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalency required. Graduation from a
trade school preferred. Minimum of one (1) year experience in
construction or building maintenance required. New hires into the
position will undergo a 90-day evaluation period to ensure
second-level skills can be demonstrated and validated.
Documentation of validation will become part of the employee's
performance record. Lack of validation prior to 90-days will result
in reclassification to the Maintenance Technician I level.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid State of Nebraska Driver's License required. Verification and
maintenance of responsible driving record per facility standards
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics,
marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and
promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications
for the job to be filled.
Keywords: Bryan Health, Lincoln , MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!