Vendor Risk and Compliance Analyst IV
Posted on: January 18, 2020
OverviewThe vendor Risk and Compliance Analyst IV works with
business leaders to complete monitoring, investigation and
remediation activities, to ensure Nelnets vendors (a.k.a. 3 rd and
4 th party service providers) are compliant with local, state and
federal regulations and regulators, internal policies and
- Support the implementation, enforcement and continuous
improvement of Vendor Management policies, standards, procedures
- Complete vendor risk monitoring and compliance activities
efficiently and effectively; ensuring compliance with consumer
protection laws, regulations, corporate policies, and the vendor
management processes and procedures.
- Participate in vendor assessments and assist with the
identification, assessment, remediation and monitoring of vendor
- Develop a strong internal network and build relationships
within the business segments that foster collaboration.
- Prepare reports, summarize data, communicate and escalate
vendor risk and compliance issues to the appropriate
- Facilitate and track corrective actions taken to remediate
risks and compliance weaknesses or areas of improvement identified
through audits and examinations.
- Obtain, maintain and continually expand knowledge of vendor
risks (i.e., security, regulatory compliance, fraud, business
continuity, technology and business) and Nelnet products and
- Obtain and continuously expand knowledge of Vendor Management
best practices and develop competencies in Vendor Risk Management
through training, education and professional organizations.
- Train business leaders on vendor management policies,
procedures and processes.
- Assist with audit engagements.QualificationsEDUCATION:Bachelors
degree required. Preferred fields of study: Risk Management and/or
Information Technology & Security.EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of vendor management, third party
oversight responsibilities, risk management, audit or compliance
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and various
levels of management
- Experience in evaluating and examining policies, procedures,
business documents, IT Security, Technology and regulatory
- Experience in an analytical or research position or related
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and other
common business applications
- Knowledge of risk categories such as regulatory compliance,
security and privacy, information technology, legal and business
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong ability to quickly learn business functions, corporate
policies and processes.
- Strong ability to work in a high-paced environment and meet
strict and frequent deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to communicate with all levels of management
internally and with external auditors, clients and vendors.
- Strong experience with Excel, Word, SharePoint and other
Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent organization, documentation and coordination
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, networking and teamwork
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Highly independent and accountableEEO StatementNelnet is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246,
and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants
are employed, and that employees are treated during employment,
without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin,
gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog
or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or
any other status protected by Federal or State law or local
ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require
reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for
positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting
Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.Nelnet is a Drug Free and
Tobacco Free Workplace.Job Locations US-NE-LincolnPosted Date 12
hours ago (1/13/2020 12:04 PM)Job ID 2020-9770# of Openings
Keywords: Nelnet, Lincoln , Vendor Risk and Compliance Analyst IV, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!