Location: Broken Bow
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Description SummaryGreen Nights High FlowJob DescriptionWe
are the makers of possibleBD is one of the largest global medical
technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health is
our Purpose, and its no small feat. It takes the imagination and
passion of all of usfrom design and engineering to the
manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per
yearto look at the impossible and find transformative solutions
that turn dreams into possibilities.We believe that the human
element, across our global teams, is what allows us to continually
evolve. Join us and discover an environment in which youll be
supported to learn, grow and become your best self. Become a maker
of possible with us.JOB SUMMARY This is an entry level position
that outlines the following requirements of a Setup I position. It
is the responsibility of the Setup I to learn and understand all of
the essential functions, responsibilities and demonstrate Safety,
Quality, Delivery, and Cost to the Facilitator. This position may
require training on an off shift and to work during plant shutdown
periods. The LOV assigned to curriculum must be completed within
one year and consistently demonstrate proficiency for a minimum of
one year. Failure to do so may result in removal from position.
TECHNICAL - Within the year of on the job training the
- Will have detailed operational knowledge of the equipment and
operates within specified quality/quantity limits.
- Will be able to set up, adjust and maintain equipment in
working order to produce product within specified quality and
quantity limits; adjusting, troubleshooting, cleaning and repairing
- Is also responsible for the maintaining of the equipment logs
for each piece of equipment, recording pertinent information about
downtime and maintenance problems, as required.
- MUST have clear and legible hand writing.
- Repairs equipment within their capability and reports major
problems to facilitator and/or Engineering Technician.
- Performs and documents preventative maintenance on the
equipment as specified in the P.M. program or as required.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities to successfully lead a
team of 3-4 associates on a line to meet run, changeover, and setup
- Working knowledge of light curtains, safety switches, and to
ensure that safety guards are in place. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The
essential functions of this position includes but are not limited
to: Keeps current on all production departmental goals and
objectives through in-house training and communication with their
respective facilitator including:
- Safety - necessity for guards, OSHA standards, reporting of on
the job injuries
- Quality standards
- Production Rates
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Preventative Maintenance requirements Coordinates with and
assists production team leadership in maintaining waste and
productivity within established standards. This will include but
not be limited to:
- Reporting trends during each shift relative to safety, quality,
productivity, and waste to facilitator. Fill in PAB boards
- Reporting problems being encountered to facilitator with
corrective action taken, results of that activity and
recommendations to correct future problems as appropriate.
- NOTE: Some problems will require Setup I associates to contact
facilitator during the shift depending on the problem encountered
and reports departmental associates related problems requiring
possible disciplinary action to facilitator.
- Assures optimum productivity and quality standards are
- Assures that needed raw materials are requisitioned properly
and in time to maintain productivity goals.
- Assures finished product is removed from manufacturing areas
- Works directly with the associate and team leadership to
establish, maintain and improve self-inspection procedures for the
manufacturing of quality products.
- Assists in instructing associates on how to report production,
waste, and material usage according to the latest acceptable
- Responsible for the reporting accuracy of the associates under
- Responsible to assure proper safety procedures are followed by
all associates assigned to their area. Takes corrective
- Advising/ instructing operators as appropriate.
- Reports all safety hazards to team leadership and maintains all
equipment and working areas within established safety
- Assures appropriate QA checks have been performed at their
- Maintains toolbox and surrounding area to be neat and
- Maintains 5S in and around all equipment. OTHER
- Other responsibilities of this position include but are not
- Complies with all local, state, federal and BD safety
- Complies with all local BD quality
policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of
sound Quality Assurance principles.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Observes all safety, environmental and quality system
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct
threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves
or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by their facilitator.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities.
- To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess
the abilities or aptitudes to perform duty proficiently.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied
or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED Education
- High school diploma.
- Preferred knowledge in the following areas: pneumatics,
electrical, electronic, hydraulics, and robotics. Experience
- 1 to 3 years manufacturing experience/knowledge is preferred
but not required. Requires mechanical ability of:
- Gauges and measurements
- Proper use of tools
- Proper troubleshooting and set up procedures
- Programming panel view for overhead conveyor, elevators, and
clear jams. Physical Requirements
- Level 4
- Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds occasionally, or 25 to 50
pounds frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds constantly.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium
Work. Mental Requirements
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to understand the operation of production equipment and
how to troubleshoot problems when encountered. Equipment Use
- Operates and repairs all types of production equipment
(mechanical and hydraulic).
- Operates powered forklift, uses all forms of hand tools
(electrical, manual, etc.)
- Must be a licensed forklift operator. Working Conditions The
associate is subject to inside environmental conditions:
- Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of
physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts,
electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places,
exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals and broken
- The associate is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin
exposure to oils and other cutting fluids. Supervision
- Reports directly to Shift Facilitator.
- Assigns associates to other jobs during instances of machine
break downs, changeovers, or other situations as required and
coordinates associate movements with Facilitator or other Setup
associates as appropriate. For certain roles at BD, employment is
contingent upon the Companys receipt of sufficient proof that you
are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing
for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BDs
Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be
considered pursuant to applicable law.Why Join Us?A career at BD
means being part of a team that values your opinions and
contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self
to work. Its also a place where we help each other be great, we do
whats right, we hold each other accountable, and learn and improve
every day.You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders
and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to
fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You
will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while
leaving a legacy at the same time. And through the organizations
investment in BD University, you will continually level up your
tech skills and expertise.To find purpose in the possibilities, we
need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the
human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with
the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health.
At BD, youll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and
thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world
a better place.To learn more about BD visit Becton, Dickinson and
Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do
not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or
any other protected status.Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Broken
BowAdditional LocationsWork Shift
Keywords: BD, Lincoln , Setup 1, Other , Broken Bow, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!