Admissions Clerk - Business Office
Company: Lexington Regional Health Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Lexington Regional Health Center
Title: Admission Clerk
Date: August 18, 2021
Supervisor: Director of Financial Services
Department: Business Office
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Principle duties and responsibilities
* Registers patients and enters their information into the system
accurately and promptly while demonstrating care, courtesy and
confidentiality with each patient.
* Ensures patient's consent is signed, message from Medicare is
documented (if applicable), Medicare Questionnaire is completed (if
applicable), and the patient receives a copy of the Patient Bill of
Rights, Payment Policies and HIPAA Privacy (Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability).
* Establishes payment plans with patients in accordance with
hospital policies and procedures.
* Assists patients in completion of financial assistance
* Transfers and dismisses patients appropriately.
* Reviews and verifies incomplete Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP)
forms daily and follows-up with appropriate register clerks.
* Answers phone calls via the switchboard and routes them
appropriately throughout the facility.
* Answers patients' inquiries regarding their accounts. Helps
patients combine their accounts and set up payment
* Processes cash, check, or credit card payments in person and over
* Ensure patients and visitors follow current infection control
* Responsible for ensuring the environment meets appropriate
governing body standards.
* Duties that could include blood exposure and risk to bloodborne
pathogens (eg: lacerations, handling of blood-contaminated items,
* Maintains patient and staff safety through the use of patient
safety tools (Teamstepps, Just Culture, etc.).
* Regular attendance at the assigned work location is required.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Ability to read and write, basic accounting and computer
knowledge as is typically acquired through the completion of a high
school diploma or equivalent.
* Individual must be 19 years of age in order to sign legal
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports, general business
directives, policy and procedure statements, and governmental
regulations, keep up on federal and state rules and regulations,
provide excellent customer services and use standard office
equipment as is typically acquired through one year of work
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to
protected and sensitive information.
* Ability to solve problems independently and confidently by
applying analytical and logical thinking.
* Ability to complete reports and correspondence at a professional
* Ability to immediately respond to common inquiries and complaints
from patients, employees and regulatory agencies.
* Ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse
* Ability to effectively organize and present information and
respond to questions from employees and external groups of varying
* Successful completion of required knowledge and training of
standard precaution protocols and when to apply during principle
duties and responsibilities.
* Works in a normal office work environment with little exposure to
excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc.
* Spends significant amounts of time at a desk both writing and on
a computer, up to 95% of work time. Requires fine motor
coordination up to 70% of work time. Boxes weighing up to 36 pounds
are filled with paper and are required to be filled and transported
from floor to 36 inch countertop for storage. These boxes are then
transported using a dolly cart approximately 250 feet. A 50 pound
box of printer paper is required to be emptied from countertop to
cupboard below, each ream of paper weighing 5 pounds.
Job description statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to
this job title. They are not intended to be a complete list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Keywords: Lexington Regional Health Center, Lincoln , Admissions Clerk - Business Office, Other , Lexington, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!