Behavioral Assessment Specialist
Company: Region V Services
Posted on: January 26, 2023
JOB SUMMARY Under direct supervision of the Director of Quality and
Ethics, Behavioral Assessment Specialist will be responsible for
providing consultative assessment services which include addressing
problematic concerns and development of behavioral interventions.
This position will conduct functional behavioral assessments and
write and train Community Support Professionals (CSPs) to teach and
implement behavior support plans. Duties include observations,
monthly analysis, attending Individual Support plans, and working
closely with teams.
- Work well with teams, recognizing that those who work with the
people we support on a day-to-day basis will be guiding plans and
interventions relying on professionals' technical knowledge.
- Conduct Consultative Assessment Services, under the supervision
and approval of the Director; monitor plans, coordinate, and
implement goals, objectives, and individual safety plans to comply
with DHHS guidelines and regulations. Consultative Assessment
Services may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing a Functional Behavioral Assessment including level
of risk necessary to address problematic behaviors in functioning
that are attributed to developmental, cognitive, or communication
- Evaluating whether current interventions are correctly
administered and effective
- Recommending any new interventions
- Recommending best practices in intervention strategies, medical
and psychological conditions, or environmental impact to service
delivery to the participant's team.
- Works directly with the Director of Quality and Ethics to
ensure the department achieves goals and improves the quality of
- Be visible to employees and all those receiving services,
directly and indirectly. This visibility extends throughout all
Agency physical locations and all services provided.
- Maintain consistent lines of communication with staff,
coordinators, and teams to ensure behavioral and safety plans are
being implemented effectively. Keeps Region V leadership up to date
on operations and supports.
- Ensure Agency policies, procedures and all State waiver
regulations are followed.
- Performs other duties as required to meet the needs of Region V
- Travel required.SCHEDULE The Behavioral Assessment Specialist
position is a non-exempt full-time position Monday-Friday, based on
a 40-hour work week.
- Must possess and maintain a license to practice in the State of
- o Provisional Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (PLMHP) or
Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LiMHP)
- Master's/Doctorate Degree in an area of mental health.
- Two (2) years' work relevant work experience.
- Experience in community-based services preferred.
- Ability to utilize all Agency required computer systems.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license,
pass a driving record check, and may, depending on Agency needs, be
required to have available an automobile with required state
insurance coverage for purposes of transporting persons in
- 50-pound lifting requirement.Desired Qualifications
- Must have a strong sense of urgency, problem-solving skills,
and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Prioritizes work
to ensure that it is done in a timely manner and deadlines are
Keywords: Region V Services, Lincoln , Behavioral Assessment Specialist, Other , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!