Community Support Professional - Full-Time
Company: Region V Services
Posted on: September 24, 2022
NOW OFFERING A HIRING BONUS OF UP TO $600.00. APPLY TODAY! JOB
SUMMARY Each Region V Services employee performs responsible,
professional work in providing training and support for individuals
with disabilities in their homes and/or various community
locations. This support and training will enhance the individual's
competencies and help him/her achieve individual goals and build
goals and relationships within the community. The person in this
position may be required to work in a variety of locations.
Attendance will be required at various training sessions which will
allow the CSP to expand their knowledge and provide quality
services. SCHEDULE This is a full-time position based on a 40-hour
work-week varying between the hours of 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday -
Friday. Opportunities for evenings, weekends and overtime may be
available. This position is full time and eligible for full
employee benefits including health, dental, paid leave, and
retirement benefits. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensuring a meaningful day for individuals by providing
systematic training and customized supports based on their
individual needs and desired outcomes.
- Attend and participate in team meetings to ensure that the
training and supports that are developed for individuals are truly
what the individual needs and desires.
- Work with the individual, his/her family, and other team
members in identifying the person's desired outcomes. This includes
participation in the completion of any assessments/evaluations as
recommended by the IPP team.
- Develop training programs and maintain accurate data
collection, records, and report as required to maintain
accountability and meet regulatory requirements.
- Monitor training programs regularly to enhance personal growth
and ensure individual progress by making changes as necessary.
- Serve as a positive role model and trainer for the individual
in regards to socially enhancing behavior, personal hygiene,
language, personal grooming, etc., while utilizing teachable
- Work cooperatively with consultants, supervisors, and other
agency staff to assist all personnel in meeting the needs of the
- Instruct, follow, and enforce safety precautions in accordance
with federal, state, local and Region V Services rules, regulations
- Maintain a flexible schedule which can be adjusted to meet
individual needs for training and support.
- Assist the individual in meeting their nutritional and dietetic
- Be certified as a Medication Aide, if required, and follow all
laws and regulations in the administration of medication.
- Provide necessary supervision and training to the individual in
various environments within their community to increase valued
- Assist individuals in enhancing their image within the
community by maintaining their personal appearance and
- Provide transportation and support as needed for the individual
to improve their community access skills.
- Attend staff meetings, training conferences, and other
developmental sessions as required to continue to improve job
- Assist individuals in managing their personal funds with strict
adherence to Region V Services procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned to meet the needs of Region V
Services. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of training individuals with developmental
- Ability to work with individuals with special needs, including
- Ability to contribute positively to the work team.
- Ability to meet the physical demand of the service
- Lifting may be required at the service location. If lifting or
other adaptive equipment is available, it MUST be used.
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Ability to accept directions and follow through with completion
of assigned tasks.
- Ability to identify and report situations requiring
Type of Qualifying Education, Training and Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent knowledge.
- Prefer one year experience in the field of human services.
- Possession of a driver's license valid in the state of Nebraska
or other adequate means of transportation.
- Must possess a reliable means of communication (e.g. telephone,
cell phone, etc.).
- Will be subject to criminal history APS and CPS background
check. May be subject to drug and alcohol screen. PI190816111
Keywords: Region V Services, Lincoln , Community Support Professional - Full-Time, Other , York, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!