Company: Orthman Manufacturing
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionPERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
- Understand and apply appropriate policies and procedures
relevant to the position.
- Participate in meetings, projects and activities in support of
company and team goals.
- Anticipate problems and take steps to correct issues which may
- Accurately and timely accomplish core responsibilities.
- Attend during scheduled work times. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clerical and office administrative support, tasks as
- Assist in coordination of tasks related to our MES
- Work as a liaison with our procurement team to expedite parts
- Assist team leads in accurate tracking of progress against the
schedule and claim orders in TCM (MES System)
- TCM FUNCTIONS
- KEEP SUPPLIER INFORMATION UPDATE
- CONTACT INFO
- PO EMAIL INFO
- SET UP NEW SUPPLIER INFORMATION
- CHASE DOCUMENTS
- CREDIT INFO
- REPORT MANAGER
- SET UP AND KEEP CURRENT
- GROSS REQUIREMENTS
- EXPECTED RECEIPTS
- PAST DUES
- KEEP ALL CURRENT SUPPLIER PRICES UP TO DATE
- UPDATE CURRENT PRICE IN STANDARD COST
- SHIPPING AND RECEIVING
- HELP MATERIAL HANDLER LEAD & ACCOUNTING ADMIN TRACK DOWN SHIP
AND RECEIVING PAPERWORK ERRORS
- THIS CAN BE VERY TIME CONSUMING
- BLANKET ORDERS FOR PEN STEEL (10 PART NUMBERS)
- ISSUES BLANKET PO'S AS NEEDED
- ISSUES ALL WEEKLY RELEASES OFF OF BLANKET PO'S
- FOLLOWS UP WITH SUPPLIERS WHEN PO'S NEED PULLED IN DUE TO
- INVENTORY ISSUES
- ORDERS GET PULLED IN
- ORDERS ARE SHORT DATED
- PAST DUES
- FOLLOWS UP EVERY OTHER WEEK ON ALL PAST DUE LINE ITEMS
- KEEPS MASTER SHEET SO CURRENT INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE
- UPDATES SYSTEM ACCORDINGLY
- KEEPS SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER UP TO DATE ON "BAD" SITUATIONS
- REQUEST QUOTES ON ALL NEW PURCHASED ITEMS SET UP IN TCM
- UPDATES THE SYSTEM WITH
- PRIMARY SUPPLIER
- VENDOR COST
- CURR ENT COST
- SETS UP QUOTE FILES FOR RFQ'S
- EXCEL FILES
- CHINA FREIGHT RATES
- KEEPS MASTER FILE CURRENT FOR ALL CHINA SHIPMENTS
- THIS IS USED FOR STANDARD COST ROLL
- FOLLOWS UP WITH SUPPLIERS ON LARGE PPV ISSUES
- ISSUES PO'S FOR ALL NON-TCM DRIVEN REQUESTS
- INCLUDES MISC PURCHASES FOR ENGINEERING
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT TEAM
- GETS MATERIAL HANDLER LEADS PAPERWORK SO PO'S CAN BE RECEIVED
OTHER JOB CRITERIA
- Adhere to safety policies and practices.
- Protect company and customer confidentiality.
- Maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with
- Effectively use Microsoft Office software products including
Excel Spreadsheets, ability to learn mainframe software (TCM).
- Read, write and speak clearly in English, above average math
skills. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Usually in air conditioned office, some non-air conditioned
manufacturing plant environments.
- Positions during the day include, but are not limited to,
standing, leaning, bending, and extended periods of sitting.
- Motions include, but are not limited to, walking, pushing,
pulling, gripping, lifting and carrying of objects up to 40 lbs,
negotiating stairways, typing and writing.
- Safety equipment worn as needed is protective clothing, hearing
protection, safety glasses and steel toed shoes.
Keywords: Orthman Manufacturing, Lincoln , Purchasing Assistant, Other , Lexington, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!