Community Support Professional - Full-Time/Overnight
Company: Region V Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
NOW OFFERING A HIRING BONUS OF UP TO $600.00. APPLY TODAY!
Each Region V Services employee performs responsible, professional
work in providing training and support for individuals with
disabilities in their homes and/or various community locations.
This support and training will enhance the individual's
competencies and help him/her achieve individual goals and build
goals and relationships within the community. The person in this
position may be required to work in a variety of locations.
Attendance will be required at various training sessions which will
allow the CSP to expand their knowledge and provide quality
The CSP works a 4 day work work week including an overnight
schedule and OT pay. This position is full time and eligible for
full employee benefits including health, dental, paid leave and
retirement benefits. This opening is located in Hebron, NE.
Week Days Shift
- Monday 4p - Tuesday 8a
- Tuesday 4p - Wednesday 8a
- Wednesday 4p - Thursday 8a
- Thursday 4p - Friday 8a
- Ensuring a meaningful day for individuals by providing
systematic training and customized supports based on their
individual needs and desired outcomes.
- Attend and participate in team meetings to ensure that the
training and supports that are developed for individuals are truly
what the individual needs and desires.
- Work with the individual, his/her family, and other team
members in identifying the person's desired outcomes. This includes
participation in the completion of any assessments/evaluations as
recommended by the IPP team.
- Develop training programs and maintain accurate data
collection, records, and report as required to maintain
accountability and meet regulatory requirements.
- Monitor training programs regularly to enhance personal growth
and ensure individual progress by making changes as
- Serve as a positive role model and trainer for the individual
in regards to socially enhancing behavior, personal hygiene,
language, personal grooming, etc., while utilizing teachable
- Work cooperatively with consultants, supervisors, and other
agency staff to assist all personnel in meeting the needs of the
- Instruct, follow, and enforce safety precautions in accordance
with federal, state, local and Region V Services rules, regulations
- Maintain a flexible schedule which can be adjusted to meet
individual needs for training and support.
- Assist the individual in meeting their nutritional and dietetic
- Be certified as a Medication Aide, if required, and follow all
laws and regulations in the administration of medication.
- Provide necessary supervision and training to the individual in
various environments within their community to increase valued
- Assist individuals in enhancing their image within the
community by maintaining their personal appearance and
- Provide transportation and support as needed for the individual
to improve their community access skills.
- Attend staff meetings, training conferences, and other
developmental sessions as required to continue to improve job
- Assist individuals in managing their personal funds with strict
adherence to Region V Services procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned to meet the needs of Region V
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of training individuals with developmental
- Ability to work with individuals with special needs, including
- Ability to contribute positively to the work team.
- Ability to meet the physical demand of the service
- Lifting may be required at the service location. If lifting or
other adaptive equipment is available, it MUST be used.
- Nineteen (19) years of age or older. If less than 19 years of
age, Executive Director approval will be required.
- Ability to accept directions and follow through with completion
of assigned tasks.
- Ability to identify and report situations requiring
Type of Qualifying Education, Training and Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent knowledge.
- Prefer one year experience in the field of human services.
- Possession of a driver's license valid in the state of Nebraska
or other adequate means of transportation.
- Must possess a reliable means of communication (e.g. telephone,
cell phone, etc.).
- Will be subject to criminal history APS and CPS background
check. May be subject to drug and alcohol screen.
Keywords: Region V Services, Lincoln , Community Support Professional - Full-Time/Overnight, Other , Hebron, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!