Certified Medication Aide (CMA)
Company: Belleville Health Care Center
Posted on: January 16, 2022
POSITION DESCRIPTION:As a Certified Medication Aide (CMA) you
are responsible for providing routine nursing care and ensure the
med pass is completed timely and accurately in accordance with
established policies and procedures and as may be directed by the
Charge Nurse, RN Supervisor, Director of Nurses or Administrator,
to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be
maintained at all times.QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a current certification as a Certified Medication
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Certified Medication Aide (CMA) must have patience, tact,
cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to
handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are
currently functioning.GENERAL DUTIES
- Certified Medication Aide (CMA) assists in passing medications
to residents on their assigned unit.
- Prepare residents for therapy, activities, physician visits,
religious services, etc., to include transporting residents to/from
- Prepares and administers medication documents, the right
medications to the right patient at the right time in the right
dosage by the right route.
- Assist residents with proper hygiene
- Bathe residents as assigned and in accordance with established
facility procedures (encourage showers and other self-help
- Follow infection control procedures in accordance with
established facility policy when isolation techniques are
- Chart required information every shift pertaining to the role
of the certified Medication Aide (CMA).
- Presents professional image to consumers through dress,
behavior and speech.
- Adheres to Company Standards for resolving consumer
- Ensures that all consumer/resident rights are
- Annual evaluations
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Electronic documentation
- Employee appreciation events
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Keywords: Belleville Health Care Center, Lincoln , Certified Medication Aide (CMA), Other , Belleville, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!