Med Aide PRN
Company: The Kensington Hastings
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Kensington in Hasting is hiring for PRN Med Aide staff! We
are Agemark Senior Living Communities and for the third consecutive
year, we are certified #12 in Fortune Best Workplaces for Aging
Services 2021! In this Part Time Med Aide position, you'll be
responsible for providing medication to residents and following
procedures and statutes regarding dispensing medication, recording
and observing for side effects. You'll be working with the elderly
and helping to oversee nursing services. Also, given that we are in
the healthcare industry, in order to protect both our team members
and senior population we service, COVID vaccination is a mandatory
condition of employment* and opportunities to receive the vaccine,
free of charge are available at Agemark. *Exceptions are made on a
case by case basis. Work to create an environment you would want
for YOUR own loved one! We're more than a company. We're a
family.You hear it everywhere - companies describing themselves as
a family. But families are all different, and so is the way they
look at work and life. This is what makes us the best kind of
family. We recognize each person's talents, skills and personality
and bring that into their position. We encourage people to become
the best they can be and hold them to high standards. That's
because we believe in them, and their success. These family ties,
so to speak, are part of every decision we make as a company.Part
Time Med Aide position details
- Provide medications for another person according to the Five
- Record medication provision.
- Observe, monitor, report, and otherwise take appropriate
actions regarding desired side effects, interactions and
contraindications associated with the medication.
- Dispense oral, including sublingual, buccal, oral sprays,
inhalation, including inhalers, nebulizers and oxygen inhalation,
topical application of sprays, creams, ointments, lotions and
patches, instillation by drops, ointments, or sprays into the eyes,
ears, and nose.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living as outlined in
the resident service plan and within the parameters of State and
- Display willingness to be instructed regarding agency policy
and procedures for medication administration, and evaluated
regarding routine medication administration, PRN medication
administration, and additional activities by a licensed health care
- Timely reporting to the licensed health care professional with
any questions about resident's medication or healthPart Time Med
Aide knowledge, skills, abilities and requirements
- Knowledge of medication, dosage and terminology.
- Proven track record of integrity along with being detailed and
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving
- Proficient computer skills.
- Maintain confidentiality pertaining to residents, prospective
residents, facility operations and personnel.
- Work independently and/or interact with team members at all
levels and promote teamwork.
- Prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a fast
paced, service oriented, environment.
- 40 hour medication course or higher education required. Passed
Medication Tech Test.
- Listed on Medication Tech Registry.
- Minimum of 1 year working in health care environment
preferred.Assessment of Medication Aide must be conducted by a
licensed health care professional.We believe in taking care of our
employees by offering:
- Competitive earnings
- Double Pay on Holidays
- Free meal during shift
- Membership with company discounts. 20%-70% off on movies,
shows, concerts, hotels, sporting events, wellness and
- Professional Development courses
- Referral bonusesAt Agemark, we believe people heal and grow
best when they feel like part of a loving family. It's the
foundation for our approach to senior care and it's also how we
choose, train and care for our staff. We're proud of the fact that
we've been providing senior living care since 1987. Experience
matters. Learning from it gives you perspective and wisdom. It's
the foundation on which we've built a better alternative for senior
care, one that emphasizes growth and whole-person wellness. Agemark
Senior Living Communities embraces FOUR core values:
Professionalism, Commitment, Integrity and Compassion. If you
believe in doing what feels right, advocate for our elderly
community, and want to be part of our Great Place to Work, we would
love to hear from you. The Silver Tsunami is coming, and we are in
the fastest growing industry. Apply with us at www.agemark.com and
be a part of our organization where it's our job to create a
purposeful life for our loved ones and be the change we all want to
see in our world. EOE.IND1
Keywords: The Kensington Hastings, Lincoln , Med Aide PRN, Other , Hastings, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!