Company: Teledyne Technologies
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Teledyne ISCO is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of
innovative products designed to increase productivity while
improving the quality of life on our planet. Our standard and
customized products are used across multiple sectors including:
water and wastewater, pharmaceutical, academia, oil exploration,
and reactant feed.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Evaluates, selects, places, and expedites assigned procurement
contracts or portions of a procurement contract of high complexity,
diversification or expense for multiple sites. Networks with key
contacts outside own area of expertise. At this level, tasks and
assignments tend to be complex, non-routine and/or require a
greater level of expertise and duties are performed under very
limited supervision. Will be responsible for coordinating
activities of other personnel across other sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity
beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
* Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary
specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is
* Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
* Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine
if they meet the specified requirements.
* Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to
* Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced
against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
* Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and
* Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the
negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the
* Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices,
and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
* Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in
a cost effective manner.
* Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when
necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
* Lead and drive cost optimization projects- negotiate with
identified strategic vendors, manage Phase-in-Phase-out activities
to meet budget targets.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a
related field and 10-15 years of directly related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual
should have knowledge of MS Outlook; MS Excel and MS Word software.
Experience in Ivalua preferred
Ability to travel (domestically/internationally) approximately
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual
origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran
Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an
accommodation while seeking employment,please email
email@example.com or call (855)479-1480.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be
made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a
Keywords: Teledyne Technologies, Lincoln , Senior Buyer, Other , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!