Child Daycare Assistant - The Children's Ark - FT Days
Company: Good Samaritan Society
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Create Your Career With Us!Join our not-for-profit organization
that has provided nearly 100 years of housing and services to
seniors with a commitment to quality care and service in a
Christian environment. Facility: GSS NE Hastings Location:
Hastings, NE Address: 926 East E Street, Hastings, NE 68901, USA
Shift: 8 Hours - Day Shifts Job Schedule: Full time Weekly Hours:
40. 00 Starting Rate: $10.50 Pay Info: $2000 SIGN ON BONUS
AVAILABLE!!Department Details50% discount on childcareHours -
Monday - Friday 8a-5pm or 8:30a-5:30pm. Will work with children
ages 6 weeks to 12 years.Exceptional benefit options - health,
dental, vision, 401K, HSA; Flex Spending; Life Insurance; PTO plus
many more!Job SummaryEnsure children are in a safe and comfortable
environment and provided with personal care and nurturing.
Establish and sustain effective working relationships with
employees, patrons, family, and guests of facility. Works closely
with parents to ensure that children are learning and socializing
in a positive way. Assist with the implementation of daily plans
and activities. Demonstrate patience and positive attitude while
providing care for multiple children ranging in age from six weeks
up to 12 years.QualificationsThe Children's Ark is currently
offering a $1,000 hiring bonus!QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education
DetailsHigh school diploma or equivalent preferred.Experience
DetailsMinimum one year experience in a child care related area
preferred.License/Certification DetailsCurrent Basic Life Support
(BLS) certification or obtain within 60 days of hire.3-credit hour
college course in child development or 1500 hours working in a
licensed childcare facility preferred prior to hire or 45 hours of
State of Nebraska approved training for license childcare
facilities within 6 months of hire.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Attend to children's basic needs by feeding them, dressing
them, or changing their diapers.
- Sanitize toys and play equipment.
- Observe and monitor children's play activities.
- Perform general administrative tasks such as taking attendance,
editing internal paperwork, and making phone calls.
- Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating,
resting, and toilet habits.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Communicate with children's parents or guardians about daily
activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Operates customer support technology used within the
- Contributes to and encourages new ideas; builds on suggestions
- Lift and carry children between 10-50lbs
- Hold and bounce/sway children up to 30lbs while standing for
long periods of time.
- Lift and place children up to 30lbs in and out of cribs.
- Be able to lift and move toys, seats, cots, and other items
above shoulder level and lower items to ground level.
- Lift and place children up to 50lbs on a diaper changing table
and hold securely while changing a diaper.
- Lift and place children up to 30lbs into highchair/stroller and
keep them secure while buckling them in to ensure they do not
- Lift child and carry to a rocking chair and sit into the chair
while holding the child up to 30lbs.
- Support child s head and simultaneously feed a bottle to the
children; while also holding them securely to ensure they do not
- Be able to move from seated or squat/standing position to
standing/seated or squat positions quickly and frequently
throughout the day.
- Be able to move quickly to keep children safe while playing
(this could be several children going in many directions at
- Go on walks with children up to 30 minutes and 1 mile.
- Intervene between children that may be hurting themselves or
other children (children may be kicking, squirming, and/or hitting
at the time) will need to squat during this time to be on the child
s level, could take several minutes.
- Sit on the floor for extended periods of time to play with
children or pat them to sleep during nap time
- Actively play with children.
- Be able to maintain a calm demeanor while several children are
crying and need your attention.
- Act professionally with other staff members on your team,
including communicated effectively concerns you may have.
- Be able to track and organize child diaper changing, bathroom
and feeding schedules.
- Be competent in remembering and knowing children s food
program, allergies, and infant formula/breastmilk
feedingBenefitsThe Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive
benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees.
Depending on eligibility, a variety of benefits include health
insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, a
401(k) retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, sick leave and
paid time off. To review your benefit eligibility, visit
https://good-sam.jobs/benefits .The Good Samaritan Society is an
EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. If you are an individual with a
disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with
your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an
email to email@example.com .The Good Samaritan Society has a
Drug Free Workplace Policy. An accepted offer will require a drug
screen and pre-employment background screening as a condition of
employment.Job Function: Allied Health Req Number: R-61410
Keywords: Good Samaritan Society, Lincoln , Child Daycare Assistant - The Children's Ark - FT Days, Other , Hastings, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!