Posted on: November 19, 2021
Company Details: Were a member company of W. R. Berkley
Corporation, an A. M. Best A+ rated Fortune 500 holding company.
Berkley is comprised of individual operating units that serve a
defined insurance market segment. Berkley Risk is focused on
providing self-insured entities program administration services and
insurance operations which can include taking or sharing risk using
Berkley paper. This capability allows us to customize both an
insurance company option and a purely administrative option for our
customers. Responsibilities: The Senior Underwriter will be
responsible for underwriting activities including premium
calculation, risk evaluation, policy issuance, and member
retention. Analyzing data and design coverage to reduce losses and
increase retention and ensuring decisions are consistent with the
philosophies of the LMCIT Board. Key responsibilties include but
are not limited to the following:
- Review, price and manage renewal business (multi line with an
emphasis on general liability, property casualty and workers
compensation) in accordance with LMCIT guidelines.
- Territory will include more key agents and complex
- Select, price, quote and decline new business in accordance
with LMCIT underwriting guidelines and experience, underwriting
- Screen new and renewal submissions from agents and obtain
- Communicate with agents and members on matters pertaining to
new and renewal submissions and service items including
endorsements as well as other issues our members need assistance
- Works collaboratively with Underwriting Manager and other LMCIT
staff on coverage design, rate setting and other strategic
- Work collaboratively with other Underwriters in the unit to
maintain response time requirements.
- Maintain key customer and vendor relations, including account
contacts, brokers and agents, reinsurers, and program management
- Provide clear instruction and guidance to rating and processing
- Maintain and update underwriting files.
- Operate according to underwriting authority as delegated by
- May assist in developing internal procedures and forms.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced underwriters.
- Participate in training duties, as assigned.
- Participate in presentations at various conferences and
- Four-year college degree or two-year degree with equivalent
- 5 plus years experience in commercial lines underwriting,
including some marketing/agency management responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lines underwriting standards
and practices along with working knowledge of rating.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Interstate travel required. Berkley Core Competencies
Communication Customer Focus and Teamwork Flexibility Delivers
Results Technical & Job Excellence Accountability Additional
Company Details: The Company is an equal employment opportunity
employer. Additional Requirements: COVID-19 vaccine required unless
prohibited by law.
Keywords: Berkley, Lincoln , Sr. Underwriter, Other , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!