Office Manager Part-Time
Company: Lamar Advertising Company
Posted on: July 23, 2021
The Office Manager keeps the office spinning right
round by keeping our office up to date, informed, and
organized! If you’re a master of office procedures,
we have a great opportunity for you! Our Interstate Logos office in
Lincoln, NE (city, state abbrev) is now hiring a new management
team member to help us enhance the Interstate Logo Program in the
state of Nebraska.
The Interstate Logos division of Lamar Advertising is the
largest provider of contract logo signing and tourist-oriented
directional signing (TODS) programs, partnering with State
Transportation Agencies since 1988. Interstate Logos is a wholly
owned subsidiary of Lamar Media Corp., which is a wholly owned
subsidiary of Lamar Advertising.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising
companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of
advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national
brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule,
and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our
business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our
customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have
been in business for over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our
mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has
its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel
connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these
The hourly range for this position is $15 - $17 /
hour, dependent on relevant experience and
The purpose of the Office Manager is to oversee all office
functions and administrative responsibilities. This includes
managing clerical staff, maintaining payroll hours, and
keeping closely informed on all Human Resources (HR)
company-wide policies and regulations. Additionally, the
Office Manager is responsible for all incoming and outgoing
correspondence and maintaining the integrity of processes
pertaining to the Interstate Logo Program.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supervise office clerical staff
- Maintain accounts receivables (AR) for the company. This
includes making customer calls, sending correspondence, documenting
information in company system, reviewing AR reports and
communicating with the sales department and General Manager
regarding past due accounts.
- Responsible for entering and updating client information,
accounts, and contracts into company system.
- Maintain accounts payable (AP) for the office. This includes
processing invoices, recording pertinent information, coding
invoices to the correct GL account, and submitting invoices to
Corporate for payment.
- Act as a liaison for corporate Human Resources (HR). This
includes the Affirmative Action process, submitting employee
information, assisting employees with benefit questions, worker’s
compensation, and assisting any other human resource requirements
- Provide administrative assistance to all employees as needed,
such as assisting the sales department, preparing contracts,
answering customer questions or directing them to the applicable
personnel, providing invoice copies, or documenting messages as
- Provide information when requested from corporate departments
(Payroll, Human Resources, Credit, Accounts Payable, Accounts
Receivable, etc.) as needed.
- Completing Monthly Bank Reconciliation and compiling all
banking documents for corporate submission.
- Run errands as needed, i.e., going to the post office and
making banks deposits.
- Complete and assist any special requests/projects from General
Manager, Sales Manager, or Operations Manager.
Other duties such as:
- Maintenance of OSHA logs and miscellaneous truck mileage
reporting as needed.
- Handle Operations Manager and General Manager’s expense reports
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
etc.), experience with Database related applications, and the
ability to learn and become proficient with various company
- An aptitude with numbers and a working knowledge of accounting
- Strong organizational skills and experience with prioritizing
duties and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and
oral. Ability to converse with persons of various social, cultural,
economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Requires continual monitoring and maintaining of customer and
- Strong work ethic – someone who takes great pride in
professionalism, responsibility, and is proactive.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to use fax machine, copiers, and scanners.
- Requires the ability to handle different challenges each day
and adequately prioritize those demands.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A college degree in business, business administration, or
related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in an administrative/office
setting is required.
- Training in office management education preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is an
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting
(10 to 20 lbs.) pushing, reaching, seeing (with a focus on reading,
acuity, and depth perception), and talking.
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State
or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When
applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily
self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment
to watch this video for clarification
on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal
information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants.
This information may include, for example, name, address, phone
number and other contact information, employment history and
reference contact information, and any other information provided
by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you
consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely
for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar.
Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Lamar Advertising Company , Lincoln , Office Manager Part-Time, Other , LINCOLN, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!