Corrections Corporal - Lincoln
Company: State of Nebraska
Posted on: June 10, 2021
$10,000 hiring bonus! KEEP PEOPLE SAFE. Offering a competitive
salary with shift differential, advancement opportunities plus
benefits to include medical/dental/vision insurance, free basic
life insurance, retirement, 100% tuition assistance, paid
vacations, holidays, and sick leave.
The Corrections Corporal selection process includes the
- Online application
- Online integrity assessment
- Security background check
- Reference checks
- Medical exam
- Drug test.
For more information please call 402-471-2654 or visit
www.corrections.nebraska.gov. For Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA) accommodations, please call 402-479-5812.
Examples of Work
- Monitor inmates/offenders in a wide variety of situations and
activities. Inmate/offender monitoring may either be direct or
indirect through subordinate Correctional Officers. *Enforces
facility rules and regulations governing the conduct of
- Conducts and evaluates on-the-job training for newly assigned
Corrections Officers, if applicable.
- Documents inmate/offender behavior, status and movement.
- Searches inmates'/offenders' person, quarters and work areas
- Operates or monitors the operation of manual, computerized
and/or electronically controlled security equipment, maintaining
controlled movement of inmates/offenders, staff members and the
- Responsible for inmate/offender housing areas. Responsibility
includes sanitation, serving meals, laundry inventory, supplies,
etc. Maintains all daily control documentation, i.e. logs, counts,
- May be in charge of visiting areas, ensuring compliance with
rules and regulations involving those areas.
- Transports or oversees the transportation of inmates/offenders
who leave the facility on any form of transportation into the
- Assists supervisory staff in the operation of maximum security
areas, i.e. segregation units. Recommends improvements to security
procedures when appropriate.
- Overtime, voluntary and mandatory, includes weekends, holidays
and double shifts.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: At least 18 years of age; high school education or
equivalent; valid driver's license; and must be able to legally
possess a firearm and ammunition.
PREFERRED: Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills desired and
OTHER: Must have a valid driver's license. Successful completion
of examination and screening process. Overtime, voluntary and
mandatory, includes weekends, holidays and double-shifts. Must be
able to work a shift assignment including weekends and holidays.
Applicants accepting a job offer must pass the following
pre-employment exams in this order: medical exam, and at a randomly
announced time, pass a drug test. Once at the Staff Training
Academy, must successfully complete the fully paid NE Corrections
Training Program to include CPR, first aid, firearms, and
Keywords: State of Nebraska, Lincoln , Corrections Corporal - Lincoln, Other , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!