CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic
Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700
care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
1. Performs various diagnostic cardiology and/or peripheral
vascular exams including but not limited to:
a. Vascular Imaging
i. Carotid duplex
ii. Peripheral arterial duplex
iii. Ankle/brachial indices
iv. Segmental pressures
v. Peripheral venous duplex
vi. Cerebrovascular duplex
b. Cardiac Imaging
ii. Exercise stress echo
iii. Chemical stress echo
iv. Transesophageal echo
c. Noninvasive Cardiac Testing
i. Electrocardiograms (ECG)
ii. Holter/Event monitor applications
iii. Non-imaging stress testing
2. Corroborates clinical history and assesses patient for
appropriateness of ordered procedure.
3. Provides patient education, applies patient relations skills and
maintain confidentiality of patients and customers in a safe and
4. Assumes responsibility for assigned area, reporting equipment
malfunctions and procedure difficulties.
5. Is responsible for completing quarterly mandatory education
6. Assumes responsibility for personal and professional development
through participation in department meetings, in-service programs,
and continuing education programs.
7. Performs value-added activities that result in positive customer
satisfaction and/or financial performance.
8. Participates in Quality Improvement and Accreditation activities
9. Participates in all safety, security, and infection control
programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided
by the department.
10. When scheduled on-call, must be able to respond within 30
minutes of notification.
11. May require light travel or floating to other CHI Health
facilities and/or outreach sites as needed to provide staffing
support. This applies to all locations.
12. All team members are responsible for maintaining a positive
work environment and participating in departmental
13. Other duties as assigned by department leader.
-Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography program
or equivalent clinical job training.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered
Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) and Registered Vascular Technologist
(RVT) or Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) by the American
Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or
Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
- Graduates from a dual cardiac and vascular ultrasound program are
eligible for hire and must obtain both their adult echo and
vascular registries within 12 months of hire date.
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be familiar with standard cardiac and/or peripheral
vascular ultrasound views, equipment, and controls.
- Knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members, physicians,
patients, hospital staff, and departmental supervisor in a
courteous and professional manner.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and
- Demonstrates personal traits of motivation, quality, teamwork,
professionalism, and integrity. Ability to communicate clearly when
explaining purpose of procedure and assuring patient understanding
- Ability to load ultrasound and other diagnostic gear and operate
vehicle large enough to accommodate equipment.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.