Company: CHI Health Saint Elizabeth Reg Med Ctr
Posted on: June 10, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic
Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700
care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy
communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and
innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our
hospitals and out in the community.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Proper assessment of the patient and their abilities to
participate in ordered procedure. Provides a clear explanation of
the procedure including; duration, process, and what to expect
following completion. Verifies informed consent for and assists
physician with interventional procedures; needle localization,
aspiration, biopsies, and other invasive procedures. Practices
aseptic and sterile techniques as necessary and observes universal
precautions. Provides patient education as appropriate.
- Selection of the proper equipment, setting correct technical
factors, procedure protocols and gathers proper supplies prior to
performance of the procedure. Recognizes all radiation safety
standards including "Image Gently" and "Image Wisely" and MR safety
standards. Understands and follows all rules around radiation
protection including wearing of lead protection when utilizing
fluoroscopy or when there is a possibility of exposure i.e. CT
room, performing portable exams etc.
- Obtains clear and complete history from the patient and or
patient record and records that data into patient record to assist
in image interpretation and future patient encounters.
- Is able to perform quality assessment of images obtained and is
able to evaluate equipment issues and reports assessment to
supervisor, manager or director.
- Ensures all equipment is in working order at the beginning of
the day and prior to starting of a procedure. Performs any
performance and quality tests on equipment as required including
ACR quality requirements. Checks all supplies for outdates prior to
use and reports any shortages, variations or failures of equipment
to supervisor, manager or director for follow-up. Uses CHI incident
reporting system to report any patient injuries or concerns,
equipment or supply failures or malfunctions, medication reaction
or errors, and visitor or personal injury or exposure.
- Is responsible to participate in and have a good understanding
of all department, campus and system quality improvement projects,
the ACR accreditation process, Radiation Safety, ALARA, MQSA, and
State Regulations as they apply to staffs license or
certifications. Be familiar with the requirements of CMS and Joint
Commission and be able to speak to all department processes around
quality and environment of care.
- Graduate of a Radiologic Technology Program
Licenses & Certifications:
- BLS from the American Heart Association required upon hire
- Must hold a valid Medical Radiography or General Radiology
Technologist Permit to Practice license in Nebraska or Iowa
depending on work state.
- ARRT Board Certified in Radiology
- ARRT board certified in Mammography within 1 year of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understands methods and is capable of performing venipuncture's
as required for position
- Demonstrated ability to set and maintain multiple priorities in
an environment with shifting priorities, while providing accurate
deliverables in a timely fashion
- Must be self-motivated, and able to take ownership of
- Must be a team player with excellent follow-up and customer
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills
- Interpersonal skills in dealing with guests and team
#missioncritical #mammography #mammo #radiology #rad tech
#radiology tech #xray #rad #radiology #radiologic
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: CHI Health Saint Elizabeth Reg Med Ctr, Lincoln , Mammo Technologist, Other , LINCOLN, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!