Sterile Processing Tech
Company: CHI Health Good Samaritan
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more
than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals
to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy
communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and
innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our
hospitals and out in the community.
Responsibilities *This position is On-Call/As-Needed.* Job Summary
/ Purpose Sterile Processing Technicians are responsible for
cleaning, assembly, and sterilization of instrumentation from all
areas of the hospital. They pick up and deliver as needed following
AAMI, OSHA, and Joint Commission recommendations for identifying
contaminated and clean items. They may assist with case cart
assembly and OR room turnover. Technicians contribute to the
department goals through quality services. Essential Key Job
- Responsible for cleaning, inspecting, processing, assembling,
and sterilization of all instruments and equipment following
Policy/Procedure, Industry Standards, and manufacturer Instructions
for Use (IFU).
- Practices Universal Precautions and follows OSHA requirements
at all time.
- Assists with daily/weekly testing and logging of all mechanical
equipment, including but not limited to Mechanical Washers, Sonic,
- Maintains accurate and legible documentation.
- Assists with the routine maintenance of instrumentation by
identification of items needing repair.
- Follows procedure for set assembly utilizing Instrument
Checklists and/or Instrument Tracking where available.
- Completes case cart assembly by adding needed instrumentation
to the case cart.
- Assist with OR Room Turnover.
- Cleaning and HLD of GI Scopes, Bronchoscopes, TEE Probes.
- Uses supplies (wrap, containers, chemicals, etc.) efficiently,
correctly, and according to IFU.
- Participates in Department activities including, but not
limited to, Orientation, System Education, Quality, Daily Briefing
& Supply needs. #missioncritical
- High School Diploma
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Preferred 1 year of experience in Sterile Processing
- Certification by CBSPD or IAHCSMM
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Associated topics: lab, medical laboratory science, mls, scientist,
services, technician iv, technician laboratory, technologist,
Keywords: CHI Health Good Samaritan, Lincoln , Sterile Processing Tech, Other , Kearney, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!