Life Enrichment Assistant
Company: Agemark Senior Living
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Whistle while you work!!
CountryHouse in Lincoln on 70th street is looking for a Part Time
Activities Assistant. Agemark is ranked #10 of Great Places to Work
in Aging Services! In this Part Time Life Enrichment Assistant
position, you'll be responsible for facilitating programs and
activities as directed by the Life Enrichment Coach/Program
Coordinator, and provide life-enriching opportunities for residents
to meet emotional, physical, social, cognitive and spiritual needs.
The core of your job will be assisting the Life Enrichment Coach in
organizing and facilitating activities that meet the needs of our
residents. Competitive pay with Dental and Vision available along
with PTO accrued on the first day. Get free meals, 401k, tuition
reimbursement and Verizon discounts! We also subscribe to
www.benefithub.com where you can get 20-60% off 100,000 items such
as tickets, restaurants, sporting events, and local deals. Work to
help us create and environment you would want for your own loved
We're more than a company. We're a family.
We don't just work together - we laugh, eat, and learn together as
a staff and with our residents! We believe that every day can be a
good one, for both staff members and residents. Dedicated to this
philosophy for more than 30 years, we've learned that the secret to
everything - working, celebrating and even getting through the
tough stuff - is doing it with love. By working to create the kind
of community we would want for our own loved ones, where warmth,
love and respect are abundant, we also create a unique, positive
and caring workplace. Feeling valuable, special and loved isn't
just a goal for our residents. It's how we want everyone to
experience our community.
Part Time Life Enrichment Assistant position details
- Post daily activities and making personal contact to encourage
- Maintain appearance of and schedule for activity areas
- Promote our Heart to Heart" program, which is a mutually
beneficial interaction between residents and families, schools,
senior centers, and other community groups
- Recognize volunteers and help with their program, as well as
train/supervise other activity assistants as directed
- Orientate new staff members regarding Life Enrichment Services
function, activities and procedures
- Provide resident interest information to staff and help with
activity assessments for each resident. Observe and highlight
resident birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Help orientate new residents to programs, other residents, and
- Transport and drive the community vehicle for activities and
appointments as needed. Will need to obtain a CDL license for a 16
person shuttle bus.
- Assist with maintaining a resident photo album, with
biographical sketches on all residents, available to staff and
- Part time hours between Tuesday-Thursday 11a-730p along with
Friday and Saturday between 830p-430p so need for flexibility of 20
hours a week within this schedule.
Part Time Life Enrichment Assistant knowledge, skills, abilities
- Experience in senior housing, education or healthcare
- Able and willing to drive the community bus. Knowledge of the
surrounding community is helpful
- Experience working with dementia highly preferred
- Proven track record of integrity along with excellent
verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information
pertaining to residents, prospective residents, facility operations
and personnel including possible weekends and evenings
- Work independently and/or interact with team members at all
levels and promote teamwork
- Ability to recognize improvement opportunities, prioritization,
multi-tasking, maintain flexibility in a fast paced, service
- Willingness to obtain a CDL license to drive the community bus
to outings on a 16 person shuttle bus.
Come one, join the family!
If you'd like to join a group of passionate, caring people who use
our collective experiences to positively impact the lives of our
people every day, talk to us! Together, we're working to redefine
what senior care should be. Learn more at www.agemark.com, or just
click "Apply Now" to get started. EOE.
Care, serve and love - because there's no other way to take care of
Keywords: Agemark Senior Living, Lincoln , Life Enrichment Assistant, Other , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!