Company: Bryan Health
Posted on: May 16, 2020
The Counselor III supervises students, interns, and counseling
staff seeking licensure. Provides counseling services requiring
specific competencies and/or credentials for reimbursement
authorization. Implements assessments, treatment plans, and
discharge plans on all clients assigned to their caseload. Actively
communicates with referral sources to secure ongoing services for
clients preparing to discharge from current levels of care.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently
demonstrates our core values.
2. *Participates in quality assurance activities and file audits to
ensure compliance with standards (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid,
paperwork standards, etc.).
3. *Acts as a mentor to new staff and non-clinical staff members
(including nurses, technicians, and administrators) by providing
education, feedback, and direction.
4. *Participates in Independence Center teams and committees (e.g.
Forms Committee, SDAC, Practice Committee).
5. *Assumes client caseload representative of complexity and area
of designated expertise.
6. *Exhibits skills in all levels of the continuum of substance
abuse treatment, i.e., inpatient care, residential care, intensive
outpatient, continuing care, individual sessions and willingness to
accept a varied client caseload.
7. *Clinically supervice practicum students, interns and counseling
staff seeking credentialing as assigned.
8. *Establishes and maintains effective therapeutic relationships
with clients and/or families and significant other who are
experiencing a variety of complex substance abuse problems.
9. *Utilizes skills in individual, family and group settings as
they apply to primary substance abuse issues.
10. *Conducts chemical dependency assessments and evaluations to
include a complete psychosocial assessments.
11. *Ensure completeness and timeliness in clinical record keeping
to include orientation, assessments, progress notes, treatment plan
update/staffing reviews and discharge plans.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Masters Degree in Counseling or Behavioral Health field required.
Licensure as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor with Provisional
Licensed Mental Health Practitioner OR Provisional Licensed Alcohol
and Drug Counselor with Licensed Mental Health Practitioner
If prior or current history of alcohol and drug dependency, must
provide evidence of sobriety for a minimum of 12 months prior to
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required.
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics,
marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and
promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications
for the job to be filled.
Keywords: Bryan Health, Lincoln , Counselor III, Other , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!