LPN Charge Weekend Program - LTC, 24 hrs on Sat & Sun, 7pm - 7am
Company: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Title: LPN Charge Weekend Program -- Long Term Care
Job Loaction: Lincoln
Assumes responsibility and accountability for coordinating the
activities for delivering quality resident care within the clinical
services systems and according to Madonna's philosophy and mission
and physician orders. Contributes to the assessment of resident
conditions and reports adverse changes or reactions to physician,
supervisor and family. Work will be performed in an ethical and
legal manner following organizational policies, processes,
protocols and procedures . Responsible for quality service delivery
and internal/external customer relations for Madonna as a whole,
including upholding the mission and values for the department and
- Understand and utilize individual job description and program
and facility policies and operational definitions to ensure quality
- Direct and assign nursing interventions that may be performed
by others to coordinate patient care.
- Compile, compare, report and record patient care information to
contribute to the establishment and evaluation of residents goals
and plan of care on a regular basis including physician's
- Computes, compares, and documents to provide accurate patient
information on the medical record.
- Properly charges patient for billable supplies to ensure
accurate billing. (PEOPLE)
- Mentor, orients and monitor new staff to department/unit
environment and operational guidelines.
- Communicate (speak-signal) with supervisor and other nursing
staff members regarding patient condition, response to
medications/treatments, concerns, patient goals achieved and
developments to ensure quality service delivery.
- Communicates with interdisciplinary team to arrive at decisions
for plan of care of patient.
- Monitors via daily visits, that assigned nursing care
interventions are performed as directed and treatment administered
in accordance with physician's instructions.
- Assists physicians on house visits and keeps physician informed
of residents condition/progress.
- Interacts with residents and families to inform them of
patient's progress and to provide emotional support.
- Speaking/signaling to residents and families by answering call
lights and responding in a respectful manner to maintain a positive
customer oriented approach.
- Directs, advises and monitors staff in crisis situations.
- Investigates and resolves complaints or refers unusual problems
- Serve residents and families by providing information, physical
and/or emotional care by responding to their needs. Includes
assisting with resident transfers, ambulation and repositioning as
- Follows instruction from supervisor to perform other functions
as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and
clinical services system.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or
reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of
force to lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to
produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound
individual on level surfaces. Constant walking with maximum
duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and
other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained
periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must
tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour.
Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels.
Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning
requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent
stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care.
Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients.
Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. May be exposed to
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Must possess current LPN Nebraska licensure. Requires CPR for
Health Care Provider/CPR for Professional Rescuer. One year
experience in hospital, geriatrics or community health nursing
required or demonstrated leadership skills within a position at
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital.
MADONNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, Lincoln , LPN Charge Weekend Program - LTC, 24 hrs on Sat & Sun, 7pm - 7am, Human Resources , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!