Company: Nebraska Wesleyan University
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Nebraska Wesleyan University is seeking a full-time Payroll
Specialist working within the Human Resources department and is
responsible for processing university payroll, ensuring compliance
with payroll laws and university policies, data entry, analysis,
and verification of information within our Payroll system, and
integration of new technology in our department to continue to
enhance payroll services for NWU employees.-This position reports
to the Assistant VP of Human Resources and requires a
cross-functional relationship with the accounting department for
payroll processing, general ledger accounting for payroll items,
and support of payroll compliance and reporting. In addition, the
Payroll Specialist will collaborate with faculty, staff, and
students.NWU offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits
plan including Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability
benefits, Retirement, seven weeks of paid time off per year as an
exempt employee through vacation and holidays, and 100% tuition
discount for dependents after one year of
- Process semi-monthly payroll for hourly-paid employees, monthly
payroll for salaried employees, and monthly payroll for student
employees (4 payrolls per month).
- Analyze submitted time-entry submissions for accuracy.
- Serve as a point of contact for supervisors' and employees'
- Train employees on the use of time-entry software.
- Create payroll training materials for employee and student
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices and university
- Research and resolve payroll and benefit premium
- Conduct monthly and annual benefit billing
- Conduct audits and run reports to verify accurate payroll
deductions, salary adjustments, and benefit payroll
- Entry of all data for new hires, separations and employment
changes into Ellucian enterprise payroll system, HRIS benefit
systems, and ensure accuracy of payroll entry.
- Creation of new accounts for students and employees in Ellucian
- Perform other duties to support Payroll and HR needs as
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting,
Finance, Human Resource Management or related field.
- Two to three years' experience working with payroll practices,
payroll-related law, and HR policies/practices.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge in areas of FMLA,
Worker's Compensation, ACA, ADAAA, benefits, OSHA, payroll and
compensation rules and practices, background check administration,
E-Verify and I-9 documentation.
- Possess strong analytical skills, communication skills and the
ability to perform multiple tasks in a high volume environment.
---------Possess strong data entry skills to produce accurate
- Must be computer proficient, with knowledge of Microsoft Office
Suite applications including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, One
Note and SharePoint.
- Must be able to maintain and be responsible for confidential
information, accuracy and ongoing record-keeping.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple projects,
and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, proofread and ensure
accuracy of data and reports.
- Ability to negotiate with others and resolve conflicts,
particularly in sensitive situations.
- Must have high initiative, confidence, integrity, strong work
ethic, and desire to consistently improve internal
- Preference will be given to candidates with Ellucian Colleague
or Banner experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with active APA, PHR or
Commitment to Diversity:Diversity is a core value of Nebraska
Wesleyan University's mission and we embrace it as a source of
strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are
able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a
diversity statement submitted as part of their application
materials.-Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational
and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of
university operation without regard to religion or creed, age,
genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual
identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital
status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with
state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII,
Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.-How to Apply:Applicants
should submit a cover letter, a resume, a diversity statement as a
writing sample, and the names of three professional references at
the following URL: . Review of applications will begin immediately
and continue until the position is filled.Please visit the NWU
website for more information about our institution:
Keywords: Nebraska Wesleyan University, Lincoln , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!