Customer Sales & Service Representative I
Company: Duncan Aviation
Posted on: July 13, 2019
The Customer Sales and Service Representative I is responsible for
individually generating invoice sales in excess of $60,000 in gross
profit annually and overseeing a minimum of 100 work orders. This
position will assist customers, satellite, and shop team members by
responding to requests or inquiries regarding Duncan Aviation
component repair and overhaul services in support of financial and
company objectives. This position works with appropriate Company
team members to assist customers in developing the appropriate work
scope and ensuring successful completion of the work scope to the
customer's expectation, while nurturing and maintain a strong
customer relationship. The Customer Sales and Service Rep I
establishes and follows best practices, applicable guidelines, and
federal policies and procedures, such as FAA Parts 23 and 21, when
selling and completing projects. In addition, this position
monitors status of customer send-in units and provides teardown
reports; uses technical knowledge to understand and communicate
status information from the company's work order; generates,
processes and bills work orders; updates the Customer Relationship
Management (CRM) system; and assists with training of new team
members. This position participates in completing department goals
established in strategic plans and overall Company's objectives and
mentors sales team members.
Essential Job Functions
- Generates accurate proposals from quote requests and maintain
proposal records, creates requests for Quotes (RFQ's) as needed,
provides timely follow up with customers, closes sales, and brokers
materials to achieve financial objectives identified in the annual
budgets. Supports others service sales team members in their sales
efforts to foster "team selling". Consistently maintains high close
ratio. Able to operate autonomously, if required, when quoting,
buying or selling aviation equipment.
- Records accurate "fast" quotes and works directly with support
team members (i.e. rotable managers, tech reps, etc.) to ensure
successful completion of the customer's expectations.
- Promotes Duncan Aviation services at every opportunity
including customer visits, conferences, preparing newsletter and
tele-fax articles, attending conventions and tradeshows, etc.
- Identifies and recommends types and quantities of parts and
rotables to be added to inventory.
- Networks and negotiates with external suppliers of parts and
components, and cold calls customers or prospective customers for
the good of the whole parts sales team.
- Manages majority of incoming calls regarding work order
- Schedules and coordinates units for repair or overhaul for
Accessory and Avionics teams and communicates accurate turn-time
and completion dates. Notifies repair shop and material services
departments of AOG or expedited units.
- Prepares and presents estimates for repairs, overhaul, and
exchanges to outside services of components in response to
- Monitors and updates work orders (i.e. verifying pricing,
squawk details, parts, labor, all outside services and discounts to
ensure accurate invoice, etc.) for customers that utilize one shop
in either accessories or avionics. Estimates, quotes, schedules,
bills prepared work orders, collects payment, and ships units.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: N/A
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; multiple
night and short notice travel
- Physical: Repetitive motion; tolerates sitting; reading small
print, proficient typing and data entry skills
- Environmental: N/A
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Aviation, or related
field or equivalent preferred
- Three years aviation sales or equivalent experience with a
knowledge of work orders, consignments, virtual inventory and
managed rotables required
- Proficiency with general computer use and use of Microsoft
Software (i.e. Word, Excel, AS400, AS 400 for windows, and access
database queries, etc.)
- Bilingual in Portuguese or Spanish is required
Keywords: Duncan Aviation, Lincoln , Customer Sales & Service Representative I, Hospitality & Tourism , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!