Posted on: May 27, 2023
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise "a helpful
smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only come from a
workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our
customers and each other.
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician - Non Certified
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Assist
pharmacists in the preparation and distribution of prescription
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
- Professionalism Reporting Relations:
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director; Store Manager;
Assistant Managers of Health Wellness Home, Store Operations and
Perishables; Pharmacy Department Manager; Staff Pharmacists
Positions that Report None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Handles inquiries that do not require a pharmacist's expertise
- Accepts new written prescription orders and telephoned refill
requests at the discretion of the supervising pharmacist.
- Takes orders from or calls doctor's offices for refill
- Gathers patient information required to prepare
- Enters prescription and patient information into the
- Assists in maintaining correct patient information.
- Assists pharmacists in preparing prescription drug products for
- Prepares and affixes labels to prescription containers.
- Prepares prescriptions to be mailed.
- Prepares and submits insurance claims.
- Files prescriptions after they have been dispensed.
- Reports any medication errors to appropriate personnel.
- Orders, checks-in, and stocks pharmacy supplies.
- Logs invoices as necessary.
- Performs cash transactions.
- Maintains cleanliness of pharmacy and dispensing area.
- Assists with third party insurance billing and trouble
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to all statutes and regulations pertaining to a
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Administer Vaccines as allowed by law Secondary Duties and
- Assists in other areas of the store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
required. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to
solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
- Have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving
arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Must be able to compose original correspondence; follow
technical manuals; have increased contact with people; interview
counsel or advise people; evaluate technical data. Education and
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working towards a licensed technician certification through a
certified national program.
- Previous experience as a pharmacy clerk is preferred.
- If applicable, vaccination certification as required by law.
- Must be able to physically exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive
This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a retail
store setting. Must be able to handle multiple tasks (filling
scripts, answering telephone, waiting on customers, etc.) every
day. There is an occasional exposure to dangerous
chemicals/solvents while compounding products and chemotherapy
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC with pharmacy software and printer, cash register, C.A.R.S.
ordering system, pharmacy balance, scanner, calculator, telephone,
fax, and copier.
Maintains the confidentiality of the customer's private medical
information according to the HIPPA act.
Has daily contact with customers, general public, and
suppliers/vendors. Has occasional contact with community or
trade/professional organizations and federal/state governmental or
I understand that this pharmacy handles and prepares hazardous
drugs. The USP 800 is intended to ensure that personnel of
reproductive capability understand the risks of handling hazardous
drugs. Accordingly, I acknowledge that exposure to hazardous drugs
may cause acute and chronic effects. Failure to follow pharmacy
policies and procedures may put me at greater risk of exposure to
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Lincoln , Pharmacy Technician, Hospitality & Tourism , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...