Posted on: January 27, 2023
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise "a helpful
smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only come from a
workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our
customers and each other. Job Description: Job Title: Delicatessen
Clerk Department: Delicatessen FLSA: Non-Exempt General Function:
As a Delicatessen Clerk, this position will be responsible for
handling food in a safe manner and ensuring the work area is always
clean and neat. You will run the department registers and receive
payments, make change, etc., where applicable. Additionally you
will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous,
friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team
members. Core Competencies * Partnerships
* Growth mindset
* Results oriented
* Customer focused
* Professionalism Reporting Relations: Accountable and Reports to:
District Store Director, Store Manager, Assistant Managers of;
Perishables, Store Operations, and Health Wellness Home; Food
Service Director; Delicatessen Department Manager Positions that
Report to you: None Primary Duties and Responsibilities: * Provides
prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting
caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and
treating customers as the most important people in the store.
* Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store
* Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
* Assists customers by: (examples include)
* escorting them to the products they're looking for
* securing products that are out of reach
* loading or unloading heavy items
* making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
* performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
shopping experience. * Answers the telephone promptly when called
upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call
including taking customer orders.
* Takes customer orders at the delicatessen counter.
* Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
* Reviews orders for the day.
* Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
* Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
* Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and
develops or follows a production list.
* Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily
* Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
* Checks in product, puts product away, and may review
* Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes change,
etc., where applicable.
* Removes trash in a timely manner.
* Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
* Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
* Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Secondary Duties and
Responsibilities: * Washes dishes as necessary.
* Orders product and supplies as necessary.
* Delivers orders as needed.
* Prices products for customers as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of store as needed.
* Performs other job related duties and special projects as
required. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
* Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated
instructions; write identifying information; request supplies
orally or in writing
* Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving
fractions, decimals and percentages. Education and Experience: Less
than high school or equivalent experience and six months or less of
similar or related work experience. Physical Requirements: * Must
be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds
of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
* Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of
more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with our without
correction, color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions. Working Conditions: This position
is exposed to dust, noise, equipment movement hazards, and
electrical shock on a daily basis. Has occasional exposure to
temperature extremes and cleaning chemicals/solvents. This is a
fast paced work environment. Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Telephone, fax, copier, intercom system, computer, calculator,
kitchen utensils, hot wrapping machine, garbage disposal, trash
compactor, cardboard compactor, box cutter, slicer, scales,
delivery van, pallet jack, hot wrapper, and knives. Contacts: Has
daily contact with the general public and customers. Has contact
with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies regarding
inspections. Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Lincoln , Deli Clerk, Hospitality & Tourism , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!