Team Leader - mAb Process Team 2nd shift
Company: Zoetis, Inc
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Zoetis is the world's largest Manufacturer and Supplier of
Animal Pharmaceuticals.At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture
high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has
been recognized as one of the Nebraska's Safest Companies, with a
long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow. Benefits
Include:Great Health Benefits from day 1!4 weeks accrued paid
vacation and 13 paid holidays401(k) match with company profit
sharingTuition reimbursementStudent Loan Repayment ProgramPosition
SummaryLead a team of biomanufacturing operators for the production
of monoclonal antibodies (mAb) ensuring the GMP standards are
followed. Develop, train, and grow a talented team of operators by
teaching the "why" of the process. Assist with scheduling batches,
batch records review, troubleshooting technical challenges, and
batch release. Shift hours: 2nd shift 12:00pm - 8:00pm, Monday -
Friday. Holiday and weekend work may be required. Position
ResponsibilitiesLooking for a people-focused leader to lead the 2nd
shift team in the monoclonal antibody manufacturing processing
- Recruit, lead, coach, and retain a high performing operations
team (-10 direct reports). As a leader, you will set the tone for
the area to maintain an effective and engaged manufacturing group
following GMP requirements.
- Train and supervise on-the-floor operations of commercial
monoclonal antibody manufacturing under GMP.
- Effectively manage the day-to-day operations by assisting with
production and resource schedule against operational plan.
- Design reporting standards for operational metrics and process
KPIs to drive operation efficiencies and employee experiences.
- Investigate process excursions/deviations and production issues
utilizing six sigma tools to ensure corrective actions are
identified and implemented to eliminate the root cause of the
- Support initiation and closure of deviations within the defined
timeline, and CAPA implementation.
- Review of completed manufacturing documentation per compliance
standards and established timelines.
- Draft SOPs, batch records, validation protocols and reports for
equipment and procedures needed for the process.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams to ensure your area
delivers the highest quality products and provide your team with
the tools, resources and support needed to achieve their
- Assist with multi-functional technical projects within area of
- Efficiently communicate relevant information with other shift
Team Leaders and manufacturing teams.Education and Experience
- Degree in Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering,
Biochemistry, or in any relevant disciplines is required
- Expectation of minimal relevant experience requirement:
Associate +10 - 15 years, Bachelor + 5 - 7 years, Master + 3 - 5
- Management experience: minimal 1 yearTechnical Skills and
Competencies RequiredThe Ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience with working in a GMP environment.
- Relevant experience in Monoclonal Antibody manufacturing and/or
- Ability to engage with others, collaborate, and lead high
performing operation team.
- Enthusiastic to teach someone something new every day
- Excellent communication (written and oral) with attention to
- Self-starter, able to prioritize work on multiple concurrent
projects and work efficiently with minimal guidance.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organization skills.
- Demonstrated record of working in a team environmentPhysical
Position RequirementsExposure to chemicals, fumes, odors, noise,
live steam, temperature fluctuations and biohazards: All of which
Zoetis makes as safe as possible for the colleagues. The colleague
may be required to work greater than 40 hours per week, including
weekends and holidays to support the business.Full
timeRegularColleagueAny unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a
third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited
resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email
address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database
will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for
any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited
resume.Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has
submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency
free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an
approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals
to be engaged on a search.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity
in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national
origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected
classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity
to use our online application system. We offer reasonable
accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with
a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at
email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain
authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and
exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or
maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility,
considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers.
Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please
note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from
candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our
company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email
to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In
addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment
related activities. Any solicitation or request for information
related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or
utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be
disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make
any type of personal financial investment related to gaining
employment with Zoetis.
Keywords: Zoetis, Inc, Lincoln , Team Leader - mAb Process Team 2nd shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!