Company: Belle Terrace
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Belle Terrace - Ridgeview Towers of Tecumseh, Nebraska is the
best place to be when you or your loved one need a little more
assistance at home. We are a Assisted Living facility offering the
comfort of a home-like atmosphere with the highest quality of
compassionate care. We are currently looking for a AM -Cook to join
Job description available upon request.
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Interpret department policies and procedures to personnel,
residents, visitors, family members, etc., as necessary.
- Assist in planning regular and special diet menus as prescribed
by the attending physician.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance
with established policies.
- Assist in developing methods for determining quality and
quantity of food served.
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be
- Implement recommendations from the Infection Control and Safety
Committees as directed/necessary.
- Attend department and staff meetings as directed or called.
- Meet with dietary personnel, as necessary, to assist in
identifying and correcting problem areas, and or the improvement of
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with
inter-department personnel, as well as with other departments
within the facility, to assure that food service can be properly
maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Ensure that department personnel, residents, visitors, etc.,
follow established dietary policies and procedures at all
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest
and positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the
- Delegate authority, responsibility, and accountability to other
responsible department personnel.
- Assist in establishing food service production lines etc., to
assure that meals are prepared on time.
- Report absenteeism and tardiness to the Director.
- Report complaints and grievances to the Director.
- Report all occupational exposures to blood, body fluids,
infectious materials, and hazardous chemicalsto the Director of
- Participate in programs designed for in-service education,
on-the-job training and orientation classes for newly assigned
department personnel. (Includes maintaining appropriate record
keeping requirements of when classes were held, subject,
attendance, etc., as necessary.)
- Participate in and assist in departmental studies and projects
as assigned or that may become necessary.
- Attend and participate ha annual HazCom, bloodbome pathogens,
and TB in-service training programs.
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in
- Assist in serving meals as necessary, and on a timely
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control
- Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned
- Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and
special diet orders.
- Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is
- Prepare and serve residents nutritional bedtime
- Be sure that appropriate equipment and utensils are provided
with the resident's meal tray.
- Review care plans as necessary to assure that the resident's
dietary needs are being met.
- Prepare and serve substitute food to residents who refuse foods
SAFETY AND SANITATION
- Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well
as with our established policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining the Dietary Department in a safe and
- Ensure that safety regulations and precautions are followed at
all times by all personnel.
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions
policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe
manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are
- Report all accidents/incidents as established by department
policies. Fill out and file reports as directed.
- Ensure that food storage areas are clean and properly arranged
at all times.
- Coordinate routine/terminal isolation procedures with Nursing
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to your
- Report missing/illegible labels and/or MSDSs to the Director of
- Ensure that fire protection and prevention programs are
maintained by department personnel in accordance with our fire
safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that refuse is disposed of daily and in accordance with
our established sanitation procedures.
- Be sure that dietary personnel wear protective clothing/devices
when performing tasks that involve the handling of infectious waste
and/or blood/body fluids.
- Other(s) that may become necessary/appropriate to assure that
our facility is maintained in a clean, safe and comfortable
Keywords: Belle Terrace, Lincoln , AM Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Tecumseh, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!