Sous Chef - Full Time Varies - Grand Lodge
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview Purpose of the Job: The overall purpose of this job is
to assist the Executive Chef in providing residents the best
possible dining experience. The responsibilities of this job
include helping with event planning, writing menus, managing
inventory, and running the kitchen when the Executive Chef is gone.
Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Responsibilities KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Key Areas Key
Responsibilities and Duties of the Job Meal Preparation
- Writes weekly and special event menus.
- Prepares nutritious and delicious food for residents.
- Apportions and presents food in an appealing manner.
- Challenges Cooks with new and interesting food preparation
- Cleans kitchen. Inventory Management
- Orders food and supplies.
- Codes and reconciles invoices. Customer Service
- Visits with and listens to residents daily regarding their
opinions of meals and their recommendations.
- Follows-up with residents regarding their opinion of the food.
- Supervises kitchen staff.
- Manages the kitchen when the Executive Chef is gone. Other
- Assists with special events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested. Qualifications
- Associate's degree in Culinary Arts or trade/ vocational school
degree in Culinary Arts is required.
- Advanced certification or degree in Culinary Arts is
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education
- One (1) year of experience in the role of chef is
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience
requirement. Other Requirements-
- Food Handler certificate is preferred.
- Serve Safe certification is preferred. KSA- Knowledge Skills
- Knowledge of the kitchen's ordering process.
- Knowledge of budget processes and principles.
- Knowledge of cooking methods.
- Skills in verbally communicating professionally and
- Skills in safely handling food.
- Skills in cooking food to appropriate temperature, consistency,
- Skills in operating a computer.
- Ability to follow recipes.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to relate to residents and staff.
Keywords: Immanuel, Lincoln , Sous Chef - Full Time Varies - Grand Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!