Medication Aide 40 - Part Time Nights - Grand Lodge
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview The primary role of the Medication Aide 40 - AL is to
provide Christ-centered service in resident care and support
through assisting with the administration of medications including
charting, reporting, and monitoring resident's condition. The
Medication Aide 40 - AL maintains a safe and clean environment and
documents any incidents involving a resident. Supports and lives
out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Responsibilities Key Areas Key Responsibilities and Duties of the
Job Resident Care
- Administers and documents all medications and treatments
provided while working within scope and all applicable guidelines
- Recognizes the limitations of role and residents right to
- Follows safe handling, storage and disposal of
- Recognizes and reports general reactions to medications.
Administrative & Compliance
- Performs service procedures and treatments within scope of
practice for licensure and policy.
- Participates in all safety, security and infection control
- Complies with all internal/external regulations, policies and
procedures. Understanding and practice of quality standards and
HIPAA regulations. Supports continuous improvement.
- Makes entries in the electronic medical record (EMR) consistent
with and limited to the scope of job duties and applicable
- Maintain registry requirements as determined by the medication
act and Nebraska Assisted Living Regulations including education
hours, in-services, and/or reporting.
- Maintains professional affiliations and any required
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth
through participation in meetings, training and continuing
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested. Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 18 years of age according to Nebraska state regulation
and current Medication Aide-40 Hour on the Medication Aide Registry
is required if working in the state of Nebraska.
- Current Medication Aide-50 Hour working in the state of Iowa.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Medication Aide (MA) is
- Previous experience in a health care environment is
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience
requirement. Other Requirements
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and
up-to-date immunizations before having direct resident
- Basic Life Support (BLS) current certification or ability to
obtain certification within 60 days of hire is required. KSA-
Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of
the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families.
- Ability to prepare and administer medication and treatments
accurately and timely.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices in a care
- Skilled in effective and appropriate written
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with residents, co-workers, family members, and
- Knowledge of medical terminology, instruments and equipment and
how to use and maintain them.
- Ability to appropriately use equipment, facilities, and
materials to do certain work.
- Ability to chart via Electronic M edical Record (EMR) .
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate personal traits of
high level of motivation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally; clear and concise,
make eye contact, pleasantly greet people, and use tact and
diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity
- Ability to work shifts as posted and/or required.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet,
email, Microsoft Office) .
Keywords: Immanuel, Lincoln , Medication Aide 40 - Part Time Nights - Grand Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!