Company: Bryan Health
Posted on: June 13, 2019
The Staff RN-PICC provides quality nursing care to patients in the
Medical Center through the use of assessment, communication,
teaching, leadership and management skills; ensures patient privacy
and dignity; may function in any of the following areas within the
radiology department - interventional radiology, general
diagnostic, computerized tomography, nuclear medicine, ultrasound,
gamma knife and MR.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently
demonstrates our core values.
2. *Initiates assessment and reassessment based on the patient's
presenting problems/needs in accordance with Bryan Medical Center's
procedures; monitors and records patient's condition before, during
and after procedure.
3. *Administers appropriate non-sedation medications during
patient's stay in radiology with proper documentation.
4. *Properly utilizes monitors, infusion pumps and other
non-ionizing radiologic equipment during patient procedures;
ensures departmental/facility safety policies and procedures are
5. *Evaluates the patient's response to and effectiveness of
nursing interventions; identifies life-threatening arrhythmias and
takes appropriate action.
6. *Maintains a sterile field.
7. *Reinforces instructions to family and patient of post-procedure
8. *Keeps blood and body fluids in check in accordance to OSHA and
Medical Center guidelines.
9. *Incorporates cultural considerations into the plan/delivery of
10. Provides education to staff, patients & family members as
needed and documents this education as appropriate.
11. Advances work knowledge by participating in continuing
education in-services, reading periodicals/literature and seeking
ongoing development opportunities; attends departmental,
educational and hospital committee meetings as required.
12. Places intravenous catheters, midlines, and peripherally
inserted central catheters as assigned; maintains training and
13. Assists with departmental orientation and student clinical
education as directed.
14. Competently utilizes all hospital and departmental computer
systems/software including HIS, EMR and inventory management
15. Transports patients to and from assigned room.
16. Assumes responsibility in a shared or delegated assignment and
supports team member's practices through timely communication.
17. *Accesses and administers drugs and biologicals that are
pertinent to essential job functions in accordance with Medical
18. Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Current Registered Nurse licensure from the State of Nebraska or
approved compact state of residence as defined by the Nebraska
Nurse Practice Act.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required. Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
or Pediatric, Emergency, Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization
(PEARS) certification preferred. Membership with the Infusion
Nurses Society (INS) preferred.",
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics,
marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and
promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications
for the job to be filled.
Keywords: Bryan Health, Lincoln , Staff rn-picc, Healthcare , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!