Company: CHI Health
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: Lincoln, NE. St. Elizabeth
Shift: M-F 1 weekends as needed, rotating holidays
CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 15 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities and more than 150 employed physician practice locations in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa. More than 12,000 employees comprise the workforce of this network that includes 2,820 licensed beds and serves as the primary teaching partner of Creighton University's health sciences schools. In fiscal year 2014, the organization provided a combined $149.3 million in quantified community benefit including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With locations stretching from Kearney, Neb. to Missouri Valley, Iowa, the health network is the largest in Nebraska and serves residents of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. For more information, visit online at CHIhealth.com.
The incumbent reports directly to the Coordinator of Phlebotomy / Phlebotomy Manager / Site Manager. The incumbent works collaboratively with management to achieve system objectives. In addition, the incumbent works cooperatively with Nursing and Ancillary Departments to deliver high quality and cost-effective laboratory services. The incumbent is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and timely and accurate blood collections that directly support the delivery of laboratory services in an integrated system.
- Obtains blood specimens by capillary puncture or venipuncture using appropriate technique.
- Correctly identifies patient per written protocol and properly labels specimens accurately and completely, while maintaining the integrity of the specimen in relation to the test being performed.
- Exercises judgment in determining work priority. Interacts with nursing units to ascertain critical priorities and verify discrepancies.
- Disposes of contaminated lab supplies and handles all lab specimens regarding potential health hazards according to written procedures.
- Receives laboratory specimens, orders tests, processes specimens using the centrifuge and
- Distributes specimens to appropriate testing areas communicating special instructions.
- Performs general duties as required: answering phones, monitoring the pneumatic tube, ordering and distributing supplies, cleaning work areas, taking refrigerator temperatures, printing and distributing results etc.
- Maintains professional attitude with patients, visitors, hospital staff and fellow employees while assuring the confidentiality of all hospital information. Discusses problems in a professional, adult and calm manner.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in mandatory department meetings, in-service programs, continuing education and yearly education requirements as stated by policy. Experience :
Required : None.
Preferred: Six months previous phlebotomy experience, science background, customer service experience.
Required : High School diploma or GED.
Preferred: Phlebotomy certification or completion of a phlebotomy course.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Ability to use general clerical equipment, telephones, and computers is required.
Normal laboratory environment. Exposure to chemical and biological hazards. Routine periods of sitting, walking and standing required.
- Requisition ID: 2018-R
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: CHI Health, Lincoln , PHLEBOTOMIST, Healthcare , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!