Nurse Practitioner - Lincoln, full-time or part-time hours
Company: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Job Title: RN Advanced Practice
Job Lincoln: Lincoln
Immediate Supervisor: Chief Medical Officer
The nurse practitioner functions as an independent practitioner
under the supervision of a physician. The nurse practitioner
assists assigned medical staff using discretion and independent
judgment with clinical duties to include history and physicals,
ongoing clinical assessments, rehabilitation treatment planning,
medical management, and discharge summaries. Administrative and
management functions include participation in interdisciplinary
team meetings and assigned program development committees. Work
will be performed in an ethical and legal manner following
organizational policies, processes, protocols and procedures .
Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external
customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the
mission and values for the department and facility.
- Completes initial history and physical within defined time
- On day of discharge, reviews patient's chart and dictates
discharge summary to include brief summary of history, physical
exam, diagnosis, treatment course, pertinent laboratory and
radiology, discharge medications, condition on discharge and
disposition of patient.
- Uses direct entry and/or EHR system for documentation of
pertinent clinical data.
- Actively participates with interpretation, analysis, and
program improvement initiatives utilizing program evaluation and
quality assurance data.
- Evaluates laboratory and other clinical data and takes
appropriate action for medical follow-up. (PEOPLE)
- Performs detailed complete history and physical examination to
include health history and current reason for admission.
- Order diagnostic tests.
- Completes assessment and recommendation of rehabilitation goal
- Evaluates and treats medical problems in accordance with
established protocols, using discretion and consulting assigned
physician to deal with issues outside the nurse practitioner-- s
scope of practice
- Consults with physician in all emergencies and/or potentially
life threatening conditions.
- Makes daily rounds of assigned patients.
- Writes orders for medications consistent with scope of
practice, therapy orders, laboratory, radiology, or other medical
- Provides care for patients on an outpatient basis as
- May participate in the staffing of an employee clinic.
- Follows instruction from supervisor to perform other functions
as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department
and/or system. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL
- Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or
reposition does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of force to
lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to produce 50
pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on
- Constant walking with a maximum duration of up to 30 minutes
sustained walking on tile, carpet, and other surfaces. Must
tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour
on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must tolerate frequent
sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour. Frequent reaching
with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Frequent grasping of
both hands for transfers and repositioning requiring normal grip
strength based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending,
and twisting are required for patient care.
- Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor
- Ordinary hearing and speaking skills.
- May be potential exposure to biohazardous materials.
- Protective clothing -- frequently wears mask, gloves, gowns,
and eye protection.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Requires Master-- s Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
nursing or university. Current Advanced Nurse Practitioner License
from Nebraska. Must be CPR Certified, ACLS preferred. Two years of
rehabilitation or medical nursing required.
MADONNA IS An EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, Lincoln , Nurse Practitioner - Lincoln, full-time or part-time hours, Healthcare , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!